Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon folks,

Playing around with builds. If I forgo the factory Connectivity group, can I still at some point install an aftermarket head-unit that enables Bluetooth and all that jazz relatively smoothly?

Cheers,
Falx

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
There's plenty of ways to get bluetooth (some cheap, some super cheap, some expensive, etc.).

It kinda depends on what you're going for. I'm looking into trying to get bluetooth stereo audio in my 130 head unit (whether I have to modify the HU myself or just look into factory made stuff).

It will kind of depend on the features you want. For example if you want just stereo that'd probably be easier than getting bluetooth telephone capabilities (just because of the microphone/microphone placement).

What features do you have now, and what features do you want?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like having the steering wheel controls, and use them most of the time while driving. I don't know if there are any methods for getting all that, or if they come on the base configurations. Other than that, with my aftermarket deck, I'm using none of the UConnect stuff. I have a Maestro that interfaces with the steering wheel to the HU, and the stock amp. That stock amp will soon get replaced with something else, once I decide where I'm going to mount it.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Without the Connectivity group, you loose the EVIC on the dash, many of the buttons on the steering wheel, the mic on the A-pillar, and the USB on the console. IMHO, its really up to the individual as to whether these are worth it, or not.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You will also lose the ability to see individual tire pressure for each tire and the leather wrapped steering wheel if you don't get the Connectivity Group. Bluetooth can be easily added by getting a different stereo.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,665 Posts
IMO it is not perfect (especially for Apple users) but I dont know of any other way to get all of the features and the wheel in another package.

Now about getting them up to speed on Apple or getting Apple to allow coding by 3rd parties!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
IMO it is not perfect (especially for Apple users) but I dont know of any other way to get all of the features and the wheel in another package.

Now about getting them up to speed on Apple or getting Apple to allow coding by 3rd parties!
Agreed, with the line of work I'm in, I really want Carplay in my JK, but I'm cheap...

Granted, all I really want is Bluetooth music into my rig...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts