Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an iPhone 5/iOS6. I'm looking at all the available options and the connectivity package sounds pretty useful. I've seen many posts about issues with the iPhone though. Please help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have it in mine but rarely use anything other then the usb cable to charge the phone. The times i did play arou d with though had no problems with it.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I don't use an iPhone...but Connectivity (which is now over-priced with the 2013 price increase) was still a must have option for me.

The USB port, EVIC, and mic being set up makes it a "near must" have option. Same with satellite radio.....even if you don't listen to it.....you are ordering to have to hardware pre-installed and turned on. That way, a future Nav upgrade might be plug and play.

On the flip side...yeah....I have heard there are issues with the i5...but which will you have longer....the Jeep or the i5?

--------
EDIT:
I just noticed that there is already a current thread on connectity and the i5.

WTF OP?!?! Why create a new thread?

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/iphone-5-and-2013-uconnect-configuration-189606.html

·
Registered
316 Posts
The only things you won't be able to use on your iPhone 5 through Uconnect are Siri and spoken/voice dictating text messages. The music, phone and navigation features all work fine. I currently have the iPhone 5 and before it, the 4S. Same results with both.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the i5, and i use it everytime i get in the Jeep, it was a must have for me.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I was reluctant at first, but answering telephone calls while driving is much simpler. Callers tell me the voice quality is very good.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have the 4s and connectivity package and use it every day. Works great. Streaming music, calls. It will sync will multiple phones in the jeep if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts