Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been creeping around for a while on the forums and finally decided to make a post. I have been the proud owner of a new 2014 Wrangler Sport for around 3 months now.

Now that the honeymoon is over, its time to get some work done (already have new wheels and speakers coming this week :) ). I've really been considering a lift kit around 3 inches, only problem is I'm still very new to all this, but the struggle is all apart of the learning process.

At the moment I am looking between BDS and Zone, and I am aware they are sister companies, and the price of Zone is nicer, (I'm considering BDS and Zone because there is a BDS Shop here in my town) but is the quality there? And what all would I need extra that doesn't come with the lift. And are there any other lifts that I have over looked? This is a daily drive, and I don't have that much time currently to hit the trails (college life :rant: ) So I need something that will ride and handle well on the street. And for cost my budget is around 700-900 for the lift, and I would be getting tires in the area of 285/70 r17. And on top of that I would be installing this at home so recommendations and difficulty levels would be helpful.

Attachments

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
After you lift a 2-door, there is a very good chance your ride will be a lot stiffer. Why lift if you're not going offroad? Just use a Rubicon's shocks, springs, tires. The ride will prob be a lot better at that budget and there will be fewer complications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After you lift a 2-door, there is a very good chance your ride will be a lot stiffer. Why lift if you're not going offroad? Just use a Rubicon's shocks, springs, tires. The ride will prob be a lot better at that budget and there will be fewer complications.
I will be going off road, just not as much as I would like for the time being, and I have the money for it now, and with the lift I should be able to fit the 33's I want more comfortably than at stock

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
You don't need a lift for 33s. Get a 4-door Rubicon's coils and shocks, or some spacers. read the thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts