Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am considering installing an Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Street Supercharger Kit with/ Tuner on my 2015 JK Unlimited Wrangler. Has anyone had experience with this supercharger kit?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Almost everyone who ever posts about superchargers is posting because they have trouble getting a proper tune. Seems like it does not matter what brand. Most get canned maps and don't have an actual tuner who knows what they are doing so they have driving issues. I have rarely read the "I installed it and it was awesome from the git go" type posts.

·
Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
What he said. A few key factors seem to be;
Model year of Jeep. Newer Jeeps have the ECU locked.
If you have a manual or automatic trans. The auto trans is more likely to have drivability issues.
Whether you are working directly with a qualified tuner shop or planning on using a canned tune out of the box.
How much mechanical knowledge you or the person doing the install have.

While I like the premise of forced induction, if I had a newer JK / JKU with an automatic trans I would be more likely to try a V8 swap than forced induction.

·
Retired Moderator
100,740 Posts
Almost everyone who ever posts about superchargers is posting because they have trouble getting a proper tune. Seems like it does not matter what brand. Most get canned maps and don't have an actual tuner who knows what they are doing so they have driving issues. I have rarely read the "I installed it and it was awesome from the git go" type posts.
^^^This..

Welcome to the Forum..

Reactions: jltobler88

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey everyone, I am considering installing an Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Street Supercharger Kit with/ Tuner on my 2015 JK Unlimited Wrangler. Has anyone had experience with this supercharger kit?
My friend had one installed on his JKU about 2 years ago and I believe he used the supplied tune that comes with it and he has never complained about it. He put it on after going from stock tires to 35's and was a little butt hurt when I told him he could have re geared the diffs for about a third less. So he has a supercharger on a Jeep with 35 inch tires and 3.21 gears.....LOL

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
My friend had one installed on his JKU about 2 years ago and I believe he used the supplied tune that comes with it and he has never complained about it. He put it on after going from stock tires to 35's and was a little butt hurt when I told him he could have re geared the diffs for about a third less. So he has a supercharger on a Jeep with 35 inch tires and 3.21 gears.....LOL
When i went from 4.88 to 5.38, i didnt notice any additional pickup on the road. But then again, i did gain about 500lbs worth of axle at the same time. Gearing is supplemental to hp, not a replacement. Im looking to add a supercharger to my 2011 jku pretty soon because i feel i need more hp on the road. It wont help offroad like gearing does for your crawl ratio, unless you need lots of wheelspeed.

Reactions: jltobler88

·
Registered
722 Posts
He was happy with the acceleration of the Jeep on stock tires but when he put the 35's on it it was a dog on the freeway and was a pain to merge onto the freeway as it didn't accelerate as before, so instead of re gearing he made up for the lack of gears with forced induction...

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Just put a Peddle Commander on it and pretend its a supercharger,,,LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts