Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing most components of my front suspension I found out that at least one the lower control arm bushings is worn out and probably is causing my death wobble. I am now wondering should I order a set of polyurethane bushings for the front axle or are the original rubber bushings better. I have seen a set of polyurethane here: Energy Suspension 2-3106G - Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
Should I replace all the bushings or only the one that’s bad? The trouble is that I am living in Costa Rica and have to order the parts in the US and that means the most expensive will be the transport so I want to make sure to order the right stuff one time.

Greetings from sunny Costa Rica
Thomas

·
Registered
137 Posts
I looked at doing that but in the end just bought new control arms - also went with heavy duty adjustable units. I am figuring i will never have to replace this item again ...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I wouldnt use poly with the roads down there being what they are. On shipping look into Ocean Air cargo out of Miami, I ship alot of tractor parts and whatnot to my brother in Alajuela, its a frieght forwarding Co, I get stuff shipped to Miami for Miami rates and they get it to Costa Rica. Plus its Tico owned so its all in the family!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts