Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
After reading the notes from here, I went with the AEV bracket. I liked the multiple settings for the different lifts. Can never go wrong with adjustability. When I looked at mine after the TF 2.5" coil lift, I could see where the tech had played with 2 of the settings to get it in just right.

AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets - ANth20410AD

Here is my alignment sheet.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
After reading the notes from here, I went with the AEV bracket. I liked the multiple settings for the different lifts. Can never go wrong with adjustability. When I looked at mine after the TF 2.5" coil lift, I could see where the tech had played with 2 of the settings to get it in just right. AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets - ANth20410AD Here is my alignment sheet.
You are going to use 1of2 holes at 2.5 . The middle hole will give more caster just like the Rancho bracket with 1 hole. The lower hole will prob never be used.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
You are going to use 1of2 holes at 2.5 . The middle hole will give more caster just like the Rancho bracket with 1 hole. The lower hole will prob never be used.
For the 2.5" Suspension Kit use the upper hole location, the 3.5" Suspension Kit use the middle hole location, and for the 4.5" Suspension Kit use the bottom hole.

Looks like he tried the middle hole then moved up. You can see where the bolt was originally tightened. Reminds me, I need to touch that up. So if I had used the Rancho, it probably would have been in spec, but with the AEV it was "more dialed in". The range of adjustability is what sold me on the AEV. Now if Rancho had another bracket with the 2.5" I would have gone with it because of the one piece design.

When I went to pick up Willy, the tech took off for his lunch so I was not able to ask him about it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Third choice: get Terreaflex "sport" control arms. Much cheaper than adjustable control arms and, lower maintenance, better clearance than AEV brackets, works with 2.5 and 3 inch lifts. It's what I have.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Third choice: get Terreaflex "sport" control arms. Much cheaper than adjustable control arms and, lower maintenance, better clearance than AEV brackets, works with 2.5 and 3 inch lifts. It's what I have.
Or the Synergy fixed front LCAs. 1/4 inch longer than stock, DD bushings, perfect for 2.5 to 3.5 lifts...it all depends on your application.

If I never did any rock crawling I'd probably have stuck with the AEV brackets. For the moderate rock climbing I do (annual trips to Drummond Island MI) the LCAs work out better. If I take her to Moab I'll bash the LCAs anyway at the lift/travel/tire I'm currently running.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
Or the Synergy fixed front LCAs. 1/4 inch longer than stock, DD bushings, perfect for 2.5 to 3.5 lifts...it all depends on your application.

If I never did any rock crawling I'd probably have stuck with the AEV brackets. For the moderate rock climbing I do (annual trips to Drummond Island MI) the LCAs work out better. If I take her to Moab I'll bash the LCAs anyway at the lift/travel/tire I'm currently running.
I got the synergy fixed arms for my 2.5 lift. Very happy with them. They're high clearance design as well. Caster went from 3.0 to 4.8. My 2 door rides so much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had the AEV brackets and changed to the Teraflex adjustable control arms and cant be happier..
changed the caster and have gotten a huge improvement in the steering.

not to mention the extra ground clearance..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts