Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today that when I braked (relatively aggressive) I heard a large "Pop pop pop" seems like right under my driver side door.

I installed geo relocation brackets with my lift about 2 months ago. Things seem tight. Anything I could be mossing?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
did you torq everything down to check or just visually check? Also check the caliper bolts to make sure they are tight. My buddy had a clunking and somehow his caliper bolts came loose. Not sure how as they were not messed with ever and his rig has like 8000 miles on it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you torq everything down to check or just visually check? Also check the caliper bolts to make sure they are tight. My buddy had a clunking and somehow his caliper bolts came loose. Not sure how as they were not messed with ever and his rig has like 8000 miles on it.
I didn't get the torque wrench out, but I will when I get home, I just hit them with a ratchet and didnt notice anything loose.

I was beginning to think U-Joints, however; when I opened my door and did this in my drive way, It sounded like it was right under my door, which would be where my LCA brackets are. I did notice my Sway bar link was lose on that though too.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Lose swaybar links will make a lot of racket.

The best way I have found to check the control arms is put the jeep in N and have someone grab a hold of a tire and rock the jeep back and forth. You can look at the control arms and see if they have any in and out movement, you can check the track bars like this also.

Any in and out movement means it is lose.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You probably need the torque wrench. The lower CA's require 125 ft-lbs. Set the wrench to about 115 or 120 and if the bolts don't move before the wrench pops, they're tight. I got some paint sharpies and marked the bolts and the brackets (on all the lower CA's and track bars) so I can see if they've moved at a glance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts