Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you know im getting ready to install a 4" short arm lift on my 04 tj . at this point and time my budget allows for the purchase of 4 control arms which 4 are most critical (front lower/rear upper)(front lower/rear lower)ect...im sure you get my drift.:) i have already purchased aa/sye & tw/ds and adjustable front and rear trackbars .im not to concerned with brand at this point but if you could help me out with some of you guys knowledge that would be great ;)

thanks in advance! X2 :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
You should buy adjustable rear uppers then because you will need to adjust your pinion angle with that sye and cv drive shaft

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try to get the Rough Country X-series 4inch lift. That kit comes with them. They offer adjustable controll arms also if you have already bought the lift kit.
i already have the lift and other stuff just need to get control arms . thanks :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should buy adjustable rear uppers then because you will need to adjust your pinion angle with that sye and cv drive shaft
any front arms?:confused:

·
Registered
678 Posts
They would be a plus but you said you were on a budget. If your budget alows all four uppers get them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks that what i thought. i was confusing myself by looking at to much other stuff! some of the lower end kits come with just lower arms (superlift basic kit) for front? i was thinking uppers on both ends one for pinion angle on rear and a set of uppers for the front to set caster? / camber? was what i could get by with so things worked (almost) right!?:confused:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
as some of you know im getting ready to install a 4" short arm lift on my 04 tj . at this point and time my budget allows for the purchase of 4 control arms which 4 are most critical (front lower/rear upper)(front lower/rear lower)ect...im sure you get my drift.:) i have already purchased aa/sye & tw/ds and adjustable front and rear trackbars .im not to concerned with brand at this point but if you could help me out with some of you guys knowledge that would be great ;)

thanks in advance! X2 :)
Make sure to grab front lowers. Rustys has them for 130.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts