Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing some light wheeling today and hit a bump at about 5mph with the steering wheel and my tire rubbed my lower front control arm. Is this something to be that concerned about or just be careful at full lock? It does not run at full lock under normal street driving conditions, I'm guessing it was because my front coil was compressed.

I'm running a rock Krawler 2.5" lift with control arms. I am running these wheels

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...13&pc=64088&counter=1&wd=17&rw=8.5&vid=025559

And nitto trail grapplers 35/12.50/17

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, they are the Rock krawler arms. The inside side lug just barely rubbed the side of the arm.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's strange they rubbed. There's at least 3" of room between the arm and the tire at full lock on level ground

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
You've good backspacing on the rim but those tires have some tall blocks on the tread that wraps over the should that extend farther than other tires.

It probably rubs when you turn and stuff the tire in the wheel well since the wheels travel in an arc. You don't want to tear up the tires or the arm so be aware of this or adjust the turn stops by adding 1-2 washers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate it guys. Only thing I can guess was because the spring was compressed since it has plenty of clearance on level ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts