Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have torqued up my stock control arms and now I need some new ones. What do you guys have. What's strong. And good for the money. And so I reall need adjustable ones. And my lowers are the only ones bent up. Should I replace the lowers only or both upper and lower. And possibly rear? ThanksThanks

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
whats the difference between long control arms and short \control arms. and still the oringinal question. thanks
long arms are longer than stock and don't mount in the stock locations, hence requires welding/fabricating new mounts or attachment of some major component that replaces the factory mounts. factory mounts are cut off the frame as part of this install. necessitates major suspension geometry changes, some of which can be good, some of which can be bad. Not for inexperienced.

short arms are approximately stock length, and therefore use the stock mounting locations...strictly a bolt up affair.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
So then ill get short arms but should I replace the fornt lowers only or all the front or all of then on the car.
are you going to set rear pinion angle? are you going to get a SYE/CV shaft? are you going to install a TT? are you going to set caster & front pinion angle?

the only arms I could see not replacing is the front uppers, if they're not damaged or bent in any manner.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If NOT DAMAGED .................NO :whistling:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Were your control arms adjustable control arms or a set height? Can you only replace the ends of a control arm if it's adjustable or if it's a regular height too

·
Registered
885 Posts
adjustable control arms will only really help your ride quality if you have vibrations. shocks will be a huge impact on ride quality more than control arms

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea I Ordered bilstein 5100s and theyre on their way as we speak! But I do get vibes too and I wouldn't mid a tighter right which is what control arms would do right? Especially because I drive on the highway everyday

1 - 20 of 26 Posts