Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through my Tj today I noticed that the bushings are all worn out and dry. Every time I hit even the smallest of bumps my jeep rattles like its about to fall apart. I've checked every bit and bolt I can find. And greased everything. But maybe the dry/cracked bushings on my control arms could be the noise? Also, anyone know where I can buy replacement bushings? I don't want to buy all new arms.

·
Super Moderator
6,896 Posts
rock auto, $25 per arm with bushings.

trying to get the old bushings out without destroying the arm is not an easy feat

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Are you control arms stock arms or aftermarket?

If they are stock, you can get replacements through Quadratec.

Examples:
Crown Automotive 52088433 - Lower Front or Rear Control Arm Bushing for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
Crown Automotive 52087709 - Upper Control Arm Bushing for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, 84-01 Cherokee XJ & 93-98 Grand Cherokee ZJ - Quadratec

If they are aftermarket control arms, you will need to identify what control arms you have and pray bushings are still made for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are after market long arms. I however cannot remember the brand, and they are starting to rust. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get new ones and start all over.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
What brand long arm lift? What kind of joints? Heims, Johnny Joints, Flex Joints, Rubber? Pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts