Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen writeups on converting a rear axle's brakes to disc from drums. I have a S35 and want to add disc brakes.

What are my options? I am thinking the disc brakes from a ZJ with D35 would be the easiest option, but what other options are there? What other sources can I use?

If I go with new parts, what parts would I need to collect to do a complete swap?

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
not sure on the cost to do the conversion but since you have a dana 35 why not upgrade to a ford 8.8 from an explorer that already has the disc's on it. that way your set for any future mods and dont have to double dip into your wallet.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure on the cost to do the conversion but since you have a dana 35 why not upgrade to a ford 8.8 from an explorer that already has the disc's on it. that way your set for any future mods and dont have to double dip into your wallet.
Losing my S35, 4.88's, and ARB setup is not an option, especially since only have a 4 cyl.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,971 Posts
I have had Tera's kit installed for 4-5 years and it's a real nice disk brake conversion. Too bad it does't really improve the braking in a noticeable way as I had at least slim hopes for. :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I've seen people use 94s (i think) jeep cherokee disks.. they are bolt on.. You might want to look into that.. let me find the link for you..

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can keep an eye out in the junk yards, you might get lucky and find something, My 06 unlimited is d44 with rear discs.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Triple, thanks for that writeup. I had lost it.

Looks like that would be a good time to do a diff fluid change too. :)

If I did this along with the Vanco designed front brake setup (not the hydroboost), it would be a sweet setup.

In time... :)

My local junkyard quoted me a price of 225 if he had all the parts available. I'd probably opt to buy new rotors and pads tho :) heh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts