Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep came from the factory with a hardtop with rear wiper and NO defroster... I recently got my hands on a rear window with defroster along with the correct mounts for the lift supports. I just wanted to know does my non defroster hardtop have the wires with the clips hidden inside the hardtop body for the defroster? I popped off the little grommets (where the wiring would come out at the top) and didn't see them hiding inside, just wanted to know if I had to get those from another top and run it myself or if they were somewhere inside

·
Registered
103 Posts
hmmm.....I might can help....mine does have the wiring for defrost.....first thing would be what color wires do you have coming from the harness that hooks to the hard top...tub side not hard top side.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ok sorry I see what you are saying now...if you need help wiring the top to the tub let me know and I can tell you what mine looks like.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Raidan said:
ok sorry I see what you are saying now...if you need help wiring the top to the tub let me know and I can tell you what mine looks like.
Could show us how yours is hooked up because mine has all the wiring and stuff but I can't figure out how to hook it up. It almost seems like the connections are different. The hard top one is like a square with different types of prongs and stuff while the tub side is almost like a trailer hitch plug with 3 or 4 round prongs. Is that right?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED.... Turns out ALL hardtops are wired for a rear wiper, defroster, and rear washer regardless of the options installed at the factory

I pulled everything apart and it's all in there.... thanks anyways

·
Registered
103 Posts
Could show us how yours is hooked up because mine has all the wiring and stuff but I can't figure out how to hook it up. It almost seems like the connections are different. The hard top one is like a square with different types of prongs and stuff while the tub side is almost like a trailer hitch plug with 3 or 4 round prongs. Is that right?
Will do...when I get home I will take some pics and upload.....my connector for the top is rectangle BUT the trailer hitch plug does come out the same harness from the tub....if I remember correctly there are only 5 or 6 wire that run to the top.....dome light (2 wires pink & yellow), wiper, and defrost.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts