Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a bit of a pickle on how to store my hardtop. I didn't really wanna spend any money nor store it on the hard garage floor, so i put to use some saw horses i had!

I set up the saw horses and simply placed the roof on them, and now the bottom of the roof is elevated about 2 inches above the ground, so no damage there!
Now ofcourse this takes up some space, but it saved me some money and won't damage my rood!

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
for about $30 and an hour of your time you can build a dolly for your top. It would take up half the space in your garage.....you can move it out of the way , if need be, by yourself...and the next time you need your saw horses, you won't have to find someone to help you get your top off them.....

p.s. I give your props...that's the cleanest garage I've ever seen. IF you didn't just move in you have a RAGING case of O.C.D.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guilty as charged for OCD heh :).

I do plan on making a dolly sooner or later, just was really itching on taking this roof off!
Question about the dolly, is it relatively easy for the roof to fall over?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't used mine yet but the pics I've seen on here have a tie down strap ran up and over. What I plan on doing is putting it up against the wall and bungee strapping it to 2 eye screws.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Guilty as charged for OCD heh :).

I do plan on making a dolly sooner or later, just was really itching on taking this roof off!
Question about the dolly, is it relatively easy for the roof to fall over?
2 ratchet straps over the Top should help your OCD....
the top is very bottom heavy the way it sits on the dolly due to the weight of the rear glass and wiper motor...and if it's in your garage , wind won't be an issue. Also if it helps , spend a couple extra bucks and get locking wheels. If its strapped and wheels locked it really almost CAN'T tip over...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts