Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the 2012 Utah Auto Expo today. Jeep had this test track set up and they were giving rides to the customers. The incline was 35deg. Pretty cool to get future potential customers huh

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's really cool that they can showcase a Jeep inside, yet still prove it's outdoor/offroad abilities at the same time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sick!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Several years ago Jeep was at Ft Dix here in NJ doing the same kind of expo except it was outdoors and in the woods! I went up the incline with no problem but, my passengers freaked out. It was fun! :punk:

They had some old Jeeps on display too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
i wonder if they did those in 4wd? seems like each obstacle has traction devices all over it, seems like it was cause the system to bind in 4hi or 4lo

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sneck said:
i wonder if they did those in 4wd? seems like each obstacle has traction devices all over it, seems like it was cause the system to bind in 4hi or 4lo
It was done in 4LO for the complete ride. He also showed us how the Hill Decent Control worked coming down the 35deg decline. He took his foot off the breaks and just let it go down by itself.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It was done in 4LO for the complete ride. He also showed us how the Hill Decent Control worked coming down the 35deg decline. He took his foot off the breaks and just let it go down by itself.
i guess it's not the end of the world to drive in 4wd then on pavement :D should help quiet folks down next time someone asks about putting it in 4hi in the rain/snow next time

·
Registered
498 Posts
They did the same thing during tailgating before a Purdue football game this year. It was pretty cool to ride along and you gotta love them giving out free stuff. Haha

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
video is private.

edit - now that i can see it, nice video. i didnt realize they just let people ride in too! very cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts