Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've got a problem with my 91 YJ 4L.
I would like to swap the hose on the house thermostat, near the temperatur sensor.
I ask to jeep parts shops, here in france, but they 've said we can't order it anymore.
Do you know the hose part number and where i should buy it in USA
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
It is just s heater hose, you can buy by the foot

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

No it's not the ends are different sizes, you could probably stretch it but it will fail prematurely.

Reactions: Airslot

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
^ And... If you are replacing both heater hoses, they are different sizes

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
They are just different lengths ?

I only have my 4 cyl hoses to go by, but I’m assuming the neck on the thermostat takes the same diameter as the pump tube, and it was just the lengths that differentiated the OEM part numbers.

Edit:
Seems there is a difference, I’m not sure what it is though

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
They are just different lengths ?

I only have my 4 cyl hoses to go by, but I’m assuming the neck on the thermostat takes the same diameter as the pump tube, and it was just the lengths that differentiated the OEM part numbers.

Edit:
Seems there is a difference, I’m not sure what it is though

The thermostat housing and water pump inlet tubes are the same size on the 4 and 6 cyl but the hoses are longer on the 4.0.

Both hoses are flared out on the end so neither one can use bulk hose. The thermostat housing end is flared at the thermostat housing end. And the water pump side is flared at the firewall. They are impossible to get switched around because of this and probbaly why Jeep made them like this, idiot proof.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The thermostat housing and water pump inlet tubes are the same size on the 4 and 6 cyl but the hoses are longer on the 4.0.

Both hoses are flared out on the end so neither one can use bulk hose. The thermostat housing end is flared at the thermostat housing end. And the water pump side is flared at the firewall. They are impossible to get switched around because of this and probbaly why Jeep made them like this, idiot proof.
I’m just questioning the part number I gave initially, which is cut to fit.

On the 2.5 the hose fits both, but only fits one on the 4.0

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I’m just questioning the part number I gave initially, which is cut to fit.

On my YJ the hose fits both, but only fits one on the 4.0

It's been a while since i have owned a 2.5. I know that the water pump hose could be made to cut to fit because your cutting off the non flared end.

The thermostat housing side i dont think could be cut. Because if you cut the end off that goes into the thermostat housing your cutting off the flared portion. And if you cut it off the other side your going to be cutting off the performed section with a s curve in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello everyone
Thank you for your answers. I went to Rockauto to order the hose. I must receive it in a few days. I had already been told about this website but I had never made an order.
thanks again

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
It's been a while since i have owned a 2.5. I know that the water pump hose could be made to cut to fit because your cutting off the non flared end.

The thermostat housing side i dont think could be cut. Because if you cut the end off that goes into the thermostat housing your cutting off the flared portion. And if you cut it off the other side your going to be cutting off the performed section with a s curve in it.
I have the hose (63272) in my garage as a spare, I’ll have to mock fit it just to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts