Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ik i drained my radiator today and flushed water through it then filled it back up. Then went to get air out of system by. Turning it on turning heat on letting it run and bubbles come out. They just kept coming until fluid got so hot it start spewing out of my massive funnel. Fan never came on so i assume thermostats never kicked on. Never got above middle line on temp gauge on dash. It ran for like 20 min. I don't know what to do or why's going on. I replaced the ect sensor a few months ago. Could it be bad or i did it wrong. How to fix or diagnose.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Fill the radiator, replace the cap, fill the overflow tank to the full mark, go for a short ride around the block to get up to temp, back at home park the jeep and let it cool overnight and check the overflow bottle the next morning and add if it needs it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If your temp got to half way (normal location) that is normal for it to bubble out the top, the pressure increases. You need to cut the engine before it gets that warm.

I would do was Hard Rocker says at this point. Let it fill from the overflow tank now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts