Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a consistent minor leak from the engine side of the bottom radiator hose. I changed the hose and both clamps flushed the radiator. I refilled the radiator and there was no more leak until I started the engine. The hose in leaking again and now there is a heavy leak coming from the from of the engine behind one of the belt wheels. Any idea what could cause this? or what to do about it?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
On the engine side water pump shaft seal. On the radiator you may have a small (hairline crack) in the lower hose connection to the radiator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the engine side water pump shaft seal. On the radiator you may have a small (hairline crack) in the lower hose connection to the radiator.
what about the water pump? The leak is coming from the engine side, the side connected to the radiator is clean and free of leaks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pretty easy install, is say moderate difficulty. Just be sure both motor and water pump surfaces are clean, smooth and free of debris.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything has gone well i just need to remove the old water pump but there is a metal tube coming from the engine into the top of the water pump that i cant get to budge any advice ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If its the line I'm thinking of its part of the water pump ( I'm at work and can't look at mine to be 100%)
Look at your new one and it should show you for sure, but should just be a small rubber hose connected to it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If its the one that has two slight bends in it going to the top of the motor, disconnect the rubber side then pull your 5 bolts out paying attention to the size and placement of each, they may be different sizes.
Once the pump is out the steel line should unscrew from the top of the water pump.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If its the one that has two slight bends in it going to the top of the motor, disconnect the rubber side then pull your 5 bolts out paying attention to the size and placement of each, they may be different sizes.
Once the pump is out the steel line should unscrew from the top of the water pump.
Thanks a ton man, there was some kind of epoxy on it so i had to cut the hose but it has atleast 4 extra inches on it. Bad new is it loose like the metal tube has been hack sawed off and welded i hope auto zone has one. Any chance you know the name of that tube?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gotcha, some people don't put thread tape on them and of Coors causes them to leak. Hopefully your local parts store has one, when installing just put a couple wraps of silicon thread tape and it shouldn't ever leak.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotcha, some people don't put thread tape on them and of Coors causes them to leak. Hopefully your local parts store has one, when installing just put a couple wraps of silicon thread tape and it shouldn't ever leak.
Yep got the new one fits perfect bow i just need to get the two sided bolts out of the old water pump wheel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If your talking about the fan clutch,
Take a long scree driver and put it in between two bolts and loosen the other two, then move the screw driver to the two loose ones, and loosen the other two

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your talking about the fan clutch,
Take a long scree driver and put it in between two bolts and loosen the other two, then move the screw driver to the two loose ones, and loosen the other two
Thank you, that did it. Your a life saver. All fixed better than ever.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts