Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited 4.0L. It developed what seemed to me to be a pretty good coolant leak.

It is not coming from the radiator, or any hoses. I have pulled the fan and fan schroud and it looks to be coming from below the water pump, which was my first guess.

My question is: Is there anywhere else on the front of this motor where I could get a coolant leak?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yep, it's the water pump. Replace it with a OEM but do some searching because they re getting harder to find. I just got the last One from the company I ordered my from on Friday. $140 shipped

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I thought the same, as I think back, over the last 5-6 months I was getting something on the underside of the hood and couldn't tell where it was coming from and couldn't see a leak of any kind, weep hole trying to give me a heads-up. I pulled the water pump and thermostat last night, and will replace on next day off. :iamhappy: Bright side coolant looked absolutely perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts