Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For our 2015 HR Wranglers.

I bought coolant from the dealer yesterday and topped off our 2 Jeeps. Made sure it was OAT, 10 year / 150,000 mile.

Today I realized that our manuals state that the coolant should meet MS 90032, but the bottle the dealer sold me was MS 12106. I called Jeep and they said that the 2 are compatible, 90032 is for Jeeps and 12106 is for all FCA vehicles.

Is this correct? What MS# is on the bottles you all are using?

I've seen confusion about this on a few forums, but no definite answers. For the record, the part number they sold me was 68163849AB - the premixed coolant.

·
Registered
899 Posts
For our 2015 HR Wranglers.

I bought coolant from the dealer yesterday and topped off our 2 Jeeps. Made sure it was OAT, 10 year / 150,000 mile.

Today I realized that our manuals state that the coolant should meet MS 90032, but the bottle the dealer sold me was MS 12106. I called Jeep and they said that the 2 are compatible, 90032 is for Jeeps and 12106 is for all FCA vehicles.

Is this correct? What MS# is on the bottles you all are using?

I've seen confusion about this on a few forums, but no definite answers. For the record, the part number they sold me was 68163849AB - the premixed coolant.
You have the correct part number - which is the 10 year / 150K OAT coolant. Regarding the MS specs, that I am not sure of - but, part number is correct.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just found something interesting. I've been using the downloaded PDF manual to check- that's where it says 90032.

I just pulled out my paper manual (2nd revision), and it says 12106! I guess they just changed the number sometime in 2015.

Hopefully having this thread out there will help someone else to having to search for the info.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have the correct part number - which is the 10 year / 150K OAT coolant. Regarding the MS specs, that I am not sure of - but, part number is correct.
Thanks for checking the part # for me. It seems like they are indeed the same.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Definite answer. You have the right stuff.

This Coolant BS that FCA has caused makes me embarrassed to be a owner of many of their vehicles over time. There is not a coolant that has the ms-90032 spec on it. So the right stuff is the MS 12106 OAT... Your part number is also correct. Glad you are doing it yourself. I didn't take a chance either, I went in with a part number and bought it myself without any discussion with the dealer. Only way to ensure it is done right is do it yourself.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you are doing it yourself. I didn't take a chance either, I went in with a part number and bought it myself without any discussion with the dealer. Only way to ensure it is done right is do it yourself.
I'm fortunate to have a decent dealer nearby, but I never trust their judgement. We do all our own maintenance. Learned when we bought two years ago, thanks to this forum and YouTube.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Is there a brand of coolant I can buy at a store or online to top off my 2015 OAT wrangler? My overflow tank is near the bottom and below the min line a couple inches when cold. Parts store folks say, you can use any organic acid coolant. They typically don't know what they're talking about.

·
Retired Moderator
105,577 Posts
Is there a brand of coolant I can buy at a store or online to top off my 2015 OAT wrangler? My overflow tank is near the bottom and below the min line a couple inches when cold. Parts store folks say, you can use any organic acid coolant. They typically don't know what they're talking about.
Purchase your Mopar OAT Antifreeze only from your Dealer. I purchase the 50/50 pre-mix. My bottle says MS-12106
I would not take a chance on using any other brand.

·
Registered
2015 JK Red
3,188 Posts
Just found something interesting. I've been using the downloaded PDF manual to check- that's where it says 90032.

I just pulled out my paper manual (2nd revision), and it says 12106! I guess they just changed the number sometime in 2015.

Hopefully having this thread out there will help someone else to having to search for the info.
Interesting thread.
I looked into my information as well and see the differences relating to the Coolant labeling as MS 12106 or 90032.
Seems the PDF is the third edition (Paper Owner’s Manual is the second) of the manual. So, I guess the PDF is the most current copy to date and that list the labeling as MS 90032.
I too have noted your part number 68163849AB for the 50/50 solution.

A screen shot of the revision # for the PDF. The part number for the PDF has changed as well 15-JK-72-126-A"C":

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 JK Red
3,188 Posts
While I made changes to my paperback Owner’s Manual I thought, “I’m not taking this with me on my long trips.” So what do I always have in the glove box?

The 2015 Wrangler User Guide (PN# 15JK72 – 926 -AA) that came in the green pouch. It is the third Edition as well and on page 128 explains that engine coolant should meet Chrysler Material Standard MS.90032.

The User Guide also examines the mileage maintenance interval. Hummmm. Looks like I missed my 20,000 mile checkup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.