Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive my 03 wrangler, everything is fine. Park it in the garage. After a few days of NOT using it there is coolant dripping off the raidiator and a puddle about 6inches wide and the length of the radiator under the jeep, like the entire raidiator is busted. I can top it off and drive it again an nothing drips but then you go out and there is the puddle again. The leak is random, sometimes its a day or two after i park it, some times its a week between leaks sometimes its four days. Can anyone help me, has this happened to anyone before?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha on gremlins, yes I have a few sons but they in college and not at home, as for where its coming from, the entire bottom of the radiator is wet and dripping. It looks like the radiator is busted but like I said you can top it off and let it idle or drive it for as long as you want and its dry for days, then the coolant appears. Seems to happen in the night. Its there in the morning.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hasn't happened in my jeep, but did happen with another vehicle I used to have. When it happened to me, it turned out the water pump was going bad and leaking sporadically.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I second water pump. There is a weep hole that will leak before the whole thing blows. They will sometimes leak intermittently. It is in the front, so depending on what it drips on, the antifreeze could end up under the radiator.

·
Registered
99 Posts
have you checked all your hoses.only my opinion but it sounds like a leaking hose.have you seen asny fluids around the water pump?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I just replaced all my hoses, the bottom on was bulged and wasn't far from bursting. Couldn't see it until it was off. I didn't replace my hoses when I did my radiator cause the all looked good. Wouldn't hurt to change them if you don't know if they have been changed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone gona go with water pump. Still leaks after a few days of no use, so still puzzling, but water pump seems to be most reasonable.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Fill us in, this fix it or what?

I'm fighting disappearing coolant too and don't know what's going on. So far I'm in for the pump, tstat, all hoses, radiator, complete flush, mopar gaskets, I'm getting a little frustrated. What am I missing? No visible leaks and no other problems. Never overheats, no coolant spots, no puddles in the garage.

Any guesses?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts