Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm, I picked up some Zerex HOAT coolant for my 2011 JKU that I've had for 5 months and went to add it...noticed the new coolant in the bottle is gold colored but the coolant in the resivoir is pink. Before I add the new gold coolant just wanted to ask, is the color indicative of the type of coolant and did someone before me put the wrong stuff in? And do I need to flush the radiator in and system before adding the new stuff?

Thanks for the advice... I'm a green coolant kind of guy and not up to speed with the pink and gold stuff.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
when fiat took over chrysler their coolant was the same color as what chrysler was using currently (orange) but switched to HOAT coolant so they (fiat) made their HOAT coolant purple to settle catastrophic problems. Mixing the two coolants makes jello!

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,961 Posts
Just make sure that the antifreeze that you are adding is HOAT. Different manufactures use different colors!!!!!!

It's the OAT, for the 2013, through 2015, that is purple.

View attachment 1629434

^^^The one on the left, is the HOAT, 5 year,or 100,000 mile. That is the one to use in your 2011 model.

DO NOT MIX HOAT, AND OAT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the right HOAT stuff... Just afraid to add it to the pink stuff that is already in the resivoir. Guess I may have to drain and flush the whole thing and start from scratch just to be safe. Bummer.
Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I've got the right HOAT stuff... Just afraid to add it to the pink stuff that is already in the resivoir. Guess I may have to drain and flush the whole thing and start from scratch just to be safe. Bummer. Thanks for the info guys.
As long as it's host you're okay. Different manufacturers use different colors.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I've got the right HOAT stuff... Just afraid to add it to the pink stuff that is already in the resivoir. Guess I may have to drain and flush the whole thing and start from scratch just to be safe. Bummer.
As long as it's HOAT you're fine. You'll never get it all out anyway. The color is a non-issue. If you're concerned about it you can get pre-mixed 50/50 MOPAR Hoat (5yr./100,000) on-line. That's what I did (Amazon).

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,961 Posts
As long as it is not OAT, (purple in color), then you don't need to drain it. Just add HOAT, to what you already have........:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts