Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m trying to remove the 2 bolts that hold the cooler to the grille. They seem to screw into rubber grommets. When trying to remove the bolts the rubber just spins. Any ideas on how to ,or the proper way, to remove the bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you’re talking about the ones on top of the radiator then the best way I found to remove those is with an angle grinder to the heads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That’s just the whole radiator and the tranny cooler is integrated it’s a smaller compartment on the bottom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OP wrote
So I’m trying to remove the 2 bolts that hold the cooler to the grille. They seem to screw into rubber grommets. When trying to remove the bolts the rubber just spins. Any ideas on how to ,or the proper way, to remove the bolts?
== ==
Bolts that screw into rubber are difficult to replace without destroying them. The replacement is called a well nut and are available at Home Depot. Regular nut and bolt will work id the nut is accessible. The blind ones will require well nuts.
-- --
If you mean installing a trans cooler in front of the radiator you have to remove the grill. Then make your own brackets to allow a cooler with mated fan to fit between the two angle bars. Without the mated fan it will fit easier. Will fit even with the AC condenser.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP wrote Bolts that screw into rubber are difficult to replace without destroying them. The replacement is called a well nut and are available at Home Depot. Regular nut and bolt will work id the nut is accessible. The blind ones will require well nuts. .
-- --

Thanks, that will help.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
If you mean installing a trans cooler in front of the radiator you have to remove the grill.
I installed a cooler that I was able to insert through the grille. Attached it to the radiator support with 5/8" Adel clamps. Upper clamps turned inboard, lower turned outboard to accommodate the inverted "V" shape of the radiator support. All work done through the grille.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah when I put a trans cooler in there I just pushed really hard until it went through the grill spat and then zip tied her

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very tiny cooler that fits thru the headlight opening. Wont work when climbing over the mountain pass on a warm day. Been there and proved that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts