Winch: Warn
Suspension: Synergy Stage 3, 3.0" Lift
Steering: Synergy High Steer W/Fox Stabilizer
Drivelines: JE Reel 1350 ZCV Front & Rear
Auxiliary Lighting: Baja Designs
Audio: Full Custom Alpine with Sub, Install Drive Customs
Wheels: Wheel Vintiques Smoothies
Tires: Nitto 35/17 Ridge Grapplers
Fun things you can do with a little time, talent, and money.

https://theshopmag.com/features/closer-look-synergy-s-1971-jeepster-commando

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I was watching the quadratec sema video and I think the only thing JK on that was the frame. lol

Really awesome build.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
So where do I sign up?
Exactly. I am always amazed that nobody seems to get it. There are so many iconic vehicles that "If" a manufacturer just brought back the classics with today's modern amenities like brakes, power steering, safety stuff etc etc.... They'd sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Exactly. I am always amazed that nobody seems to get it. There are so many iconic vehicles that "If" a manufacturer just brought back the classics with today's modern amenities like brakes, power steering, safety stuff etc etc.... They'd sell like hotcakes.
You mean like Shay Motors, with their "modern" '32 Model A's, and '55 Thunderbirds?

They went bankrupt. :D

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,949 Posts
now that's PC lame. Will Ferrel can say "gay" in a movie and its ok, but I cant say it in here without it being deleted?

Websters, dictionary.com and Oxford all agree that this is an appropriate and reasonable adjective;

Gh-ey: Adjective. Foolish, stupid, or unimpressive:
"Making students wait for the light is kind of a gay rule"

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
The problem being there are not many full frame vehicles out there today that allow for this. The JK/JKU frame and running gear is a good place to start for doing older vehicles like this.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
now that's PC lame. Will Ferrel can say "gay" in a movie and its ok, but I cant say it in here without it being deleted?

Websters, dictionary.com and Oxford all agree that this is an appropriate and reasonable adjective;

Honestly, Ya lost me on that one? What is "PC Lame"?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Now I don't see enough need to ramp up full scale production, but something along the lines of the guys doing the AC Cobra re-pops.

I see it as that same type of market. If you could price it maybe just above a new Rubicon......where do I sign up?

·
Registered
168 Posts

Hmm... did not come across that definition on Websters, and dictionary.com and OEM specifically call out this usage as "offensive."

Why don't you ask yourself why you need to make a remark disparaging a group of people while commenting on a vehicle?

If Will Ferrell can dress like an elf and stay overnight in Macy's and hang out in the ladies' restroom without getting arrested, why can't you?

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,949 Posts
PC Lame. Behaving in a manner as to appease the minority at the expense of others.

Ronnie C, you chose to narrowly define the use of that word, not me. Before being "gay" was a cultural fashion statement, it was not a word to describe a "person of homosexual ilk". Using the word "lame" meant "near death", "broken" or "with injury". Funny how that became a cultural catch phrase and no one blinked an eye.

Are you no longer watching Will Ferrell movies since he used the word?

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
PC Lame. Behaving in a manner as to appease the minority at the expense of others.

Ronnie C, you chose to narrowly define the use of that word, not me. Before being "gay" was a cultural fashion statement, it was not a word to describe a "person of homosexual ilk". Using the word "lame" meant "near death", "broken" or "with injury". Funny how that became a cultural catch phrase and no one blinked an eye.

Are you no longer watching Will Ferrell movies since he used the word?
I suggest you use that word as often as you can and its proper form and in parentheses you put the definition directly after it. What a strange world we live in right now where you can't even use a word properly without somebody being offended by it.

Good thing people aren't so sensitive over in Great Britain where people smoke fags....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts