Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to replace my radiator, under warranty, so it won't be a Mopar. Not sure of the brand but it's supposed to be better than just the usual cheap ones. The current one only lasted 3 years. I would go Mopar if the replacement radiator wasn't covered.

I'm also going to do new hoses, thermostat, thermostat gasket, and radiator cap as well. Would anyone be able to tell me the best brand and part number for the cap and thermostat gasket. I've been searching the web and I'm just not sure which ones to order.

My Jeep is a 2000 Sport, 4.0, AT.

Thanks in advance and any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm getting ready to replace my radiator, under warranty, so it won't be a Mopar. The current one only lasted 3 years. I would go Mopar if the replacement radiator wasn't covered.

My Jeep is a 2000 Sport, 4.0, AT.

Thanks in advance and any advice will be appreciated.
So you'd rather replace a radiator every three years than pay for one that will last you 15 or so?

Reactions: TheBoogieman

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't "rather" but this one is under warranty. Parts and labor. That means FREE. So in this case yes. I was hoping for some advice on the parts I mentioned...not on which radiator to use. If it was just a straight up switch that I was paying for I would go Mopar.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
As mentioned you'll have to buy a cap based on which radiator you choose,if OE fits use that. With regard to a thermostat I would only use OE. I've been burnt in the past with aftermarket thermostats, and learned the hard way. People will tell you companies like Stant make the OE thermostat. That might be true, but what I learned was they often have slight differences, just enough to potentially cause a problem. So for a few extra $$ I use OE. Flame suit on.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
So you'd rather replace a radiator every three years than pay for one that will last you 15 or so?
Mine have been good for 16 and 20 years now. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I wouldn't "rather" but this one is under warranty. Parts and labor. That means FREE. So in this case yes. I was hoping for some advice on the parts I mentioned...not on which radiator to use. If it was just a straight up switch that I was paying for I would go Mopar.
If it's free, let them replace it every three years under warranty.
Stant 45359 SuperStat 195 degree thermostat and Felpro gasket. Stant radiator cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts