·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
345 Posts
What is it you want to do?

I myself am not a rock crawler and do have the original AT3s in a load series E because it's pretty rocky out here in Nevada and am very pleased with them so far as an AT as opposed to BFG ATs (originals, not KO2s) and Duratracs. They don't balance as well, as easily, as the KO2s, but they wear really well and, for me, are really good in rain, snow (including packed) and ice.

Just my tuppence, YMMV and all that jazz.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
The AT3 XLT is basically the AT3 with an altered looking sidewall to appeal to the offroad crowd. I checked them all out in person at the shop last week. Cooper now has 4 iterations of the AT3 tire. Each is basically the same tire but tweaked to appeal to a particular crowd/usage.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Their website says the 285/75r17 weighs 58lbs, has a tread life of 60,000 miles and can be found for less than 200.00 each. Magic tires?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Looks like the 285/75r17s are 212.00 each at Sam's club and everywhere I can find is listing the weight at 57ibs. That's the same weight of the NRG 255/80r17 and better price point.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was considering the old AT3 before Cooper added the new lineup, so I am also curious how others like them. I have really enjoyed my Duratracs, but think I would prefer something less aggressive with better highway manners as most of my time is on fire roads.

Very strange how Cooper did these... The 4S is P-Metric only, mountain-snowflake rated... The LT is identical to the 4S but not mountain-snowflake and LT only... the XLT appears identical to the LT except with a tougher looking sidewall. This seems like it could easily be one single tire line.

So, in that order, I would judge them as a general SUV tire you might drive in snow and dirt, a highway friendly AT tire, and a highway friendly AT tire that might handle some mild mud, sort of.

Cooper is segmenting their tire lineup way too much. It's getting quite annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts