Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am running BFGoodrich T/A KO 30x9.5R15 on my 97 TJ. I do mostly highway and trails and not big off-road.

The Jeep guy at the Cooper place said he switched from the BF's T/A KO to the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 and loves them.

I'm looking to see if the tried and true BF's are still the best or the new Coopers are the way to go.

I'd like to see what members think about both. Do you have them?

Thanks

Cooper Discoverer A/T3

BFGoodrich T/A KO

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I would stay with the BFG's I love mine and they do great on the trail, It sounds like we do about the same wheeling. I don't hit big rocks or nasty trails. Those Coopers look like they wouldn't be able to cut it on a trail.. IMHO.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
the tread on the coopers is DEEP. Sand and light mud shouldnt be an issue, If the mud is deep enought that you cant clean the tires fast enought then the BFGs wont do you much good either.

The only other tire that I was considering was the Falken Wild Peak. The tread depth and design was deep and crazy aggressive. they would have no problems out performing the BFG. If the price difference wasnt so steep that is the tire I would have gone with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts