Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who runs these? I've heard some pretty great reviews about the standard Cooper Discoverer STT's, but it doesn't look like they are making those anymore.

Thinking about getting a set of the pro's in 32x11.5r15. I like them because I've read they are a good balance between an all terrain and a mud terrain, and work great on a daily driver.

Interested to hear what others have to say. Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have 33x12.5x15 SST Pro's on Pro Comp matte black alloy wheels but they have never hit the road yet. Jeep is on jack stands now getting a lift. I read tons of reviews and they got all good reviews. I also went with them because of the 3 ply side wall and they were not the heaviest tire in that size. I was concerned about the weight hence the alloy wheels also.

Once I get done the jeep and wheel it some I will post a review.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 33x12.5x15 SST Pro's on Pro Comp matte black alloy wheels but they have never hit the road yet. Jeep is on jack stands now getting a lift. I read tons of reviews and they got all good reviews. I also went with them because of the 3 ply side wall and they were not the heaviest tire in that size. I was concerned about the weight hence the alloy wheels also.

Once I get done the jeep and wheel it some I will post a review.
Awesome. Please post pics and your thoughts once you have them mounted.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't know about a good balance between all terrain and mud, they are a pretty aggressive tire. They work really well in deep snow but like running slicks on ice. This is a pic right after install on new LJ project so no reports on offroad use yet, waiting for Moab to warm up a little more.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about a good balance between all terrain and mud, they are a pretty aggressive tire. They work really well in deep snow but like running slicks on ice. This is a pic right after install on new LJ project so no reports on offroad use yet, waiting for Moab to warm up a little more.
What size are those?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the tires once you put some more miles on them

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Pros in 33x12.5x15. So far I love them. All around good grip in mud, rock, and the did much better than I thought they would in this week's blizzard.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Pros in 33x12.5x15. So far I love them. All around good grip in mud, rock, and the did much better than I thought they would in this week's blizzard.
How do they behave as a daily driver?

Also, could you post pics? That would be awesome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do they behave as a daily driver?

Also, could you post pics? That would be awesome.
As DD's, they are noticeably louder than my old Goodyear GS-A's. Then again, those were 31's. I compare them to my buddy's 33's (BFG T/A) and they are slightly less loud.

Overall, I think they are a smooth ride. So far, I would buy them again.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What size are those?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the tires once you put some more miles on them
33x12.50x15
I ran 35s on previous LJ but not going there on this one. (Yet lol)
Be awhile before I really get to try them out. Too cold, sloppy and snowy here yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry, forgot the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As DD's, they are noticeably louder than my old Goodyear GS-A's. Then again, those were 31's. I compare them to my buddy's 33's (BFG T/A) and they are slightly less loud.

Overall, I think they are a smooth ride. So far, I would buy them again.
Pics look great. Noise isn't too much of an issue for me. It's a losing battle for a Jeep. How close are they to a true 33"?

Pretty sure they are still making the STT Pros considering they are hardly even a year old
Not sure I understand.....this thread is about the STT Pro's which are what replaced the original STT's. I don't think they make the original STT's anymore, can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Not sure I understand.....this thread is about the STT Pro's which are what replaced the original STT's. I don't think they make the original STT's anymore, can't find them anywhere.
Ha I misread that.

Isn't there also the STT XXs or something like that which are a little more tame than the Pro's?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I picked up a set of 35's back in September and I really like them. They run smooth and I think they're really quiet for an aggressive tire. I put them on before doing 4 mountain passes in Colorado last fall and they were great.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had STTs on my chevy pick up before I got into jeeps and loved them. Now that I have a TJ on 35s I am waiting on my KM2s to wear down......and then I am going to switch to the STT Pros

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I bought 4 about 4 months ago. I dont like them as much as the old style. Mine will not throw the mud. Cakes up and well I think they suck. None of the guys I wheel with are breaking their necks to get them after seeing how mine perform

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought 4 about 4 months ago. I dont like them as much as the old style. Mine will not throw the mud. Cakes up and well I think they suck. None of the guys I wheel with are breaking their necks to get them after seeing how mine perform
Damn, that's sucks to hear. Everyone seems to love theirs.

Thanks for the help everyone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts