Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have a set of 5 Cooper STT's on my 2010 Rubi. I have just over 10k [did a 5 tire rotation at 6k] and they are wearing very well. They have a very aggressive tread, a full 3 ply sidewall, great traction on sand and rocks [don't get much mud here in the desert] and they are relatively quiet on the road not to mention they look good to:)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Great tires! Had 'em on my 98 Sahara. Getting ready to buy another set for my 02'. Nice ride, not too loud, very good in the sandy trails we have around south Jersey. I would definitely recommend.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I ran them before my current set of KM2's. The 35x12.50x15 STT was fantastic in snow and quiet on the road, but terrible in rock gardens. At 10psi I was spinning all 4 wheels locked against basketball sized rocks that people with open diffs were walking over. The KM2's are louder on the road, but have better traction on rocks with the same pressure in them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a set on a Toyota. when they were new they did not make much noise over time(now with 40,000 miles on them and in reality another 5-10,000 to go) they are howler's, almost unbearable on freeway. And yes they have been rotated every 5000 miles and are wearing quit well and are very capable in all conditions. But become noisy over time. Just my 2cents

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm running them on my 10 JK sport and love them, I didn't have any problems on the rocks with them though, running them in 35/12.50 and on the trail I normally run 12 to 15 psi

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I ran them before my current set of KM2's. The 35x12.50x15 STT was fantastic in snow and quiet on the road, but terrible in rock gardens. At 10psi I was spinning all 4 wheels locked against basketball sized rocks that people with open diffs were walking over. The KM2's are louder on the road, but have better traction on rocks with the same pressure in them.
How much difference in tread life do you think there is between the STTs and the KM2s? I'm looking at both of these tires in 35s for my next set and trying to weigh my options.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
How much difference in tread life do you think there is between the STTs and the KM2s? I'm looking at both of these tires in 35s for my next set and trying to weigh my options.
Too early to say for road wear. The Coopers lasted quite a while, and i got rid of them long before the tread got low enough to warrant it. I forgot to mention that i was seeing alot of "chunking" on the outer blocks of the Coopers after playing in the rocks. That's one of the reasons i switched. The KM2's haven't been on long enough to noticeably wear (about 5k miles) from road driving, but they are definitely holding up to the rocks better. NO chunks out of side lugs.

If i had to guess, I'd say the Coopers were chunking because they were a harder compound. That would probably make them wear slower on the road.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
There was a set on my 99 when I bought it. Decent tires, handled snow and mud pretty well, biggest issue was rain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts