Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience with Cooper Discover AT 3 tires? Thinking about switching from the BFG MTs on the Hard Rock. 99% of our driving is on paved roads, turnpikes, and interstates. I do plan on attending the Jeep Jamboree in Ouray, CO in 2017. Other than that the Jeep is never off-road.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone had experience with Cooper Discover AT 3 tires? Thinking about switching from the BFG MTs on the Hard Rock. 99% of our driving is on paved roads, turnpikes, and interstates. I do plan on attending the Jeep Jamboree in Ouray, CO in 2017. Other than that the Jeep is never off-road.
I had 3 sets of the Cooper AT3s on my 1 ton and they performed great. Noticeability better dry and wet traction than the BFG TKOs I had on before. Snow and off road about the same. The tires performance does not fall off when getting worn like the BFGs did and was able to get the same amount of miles out of them. Have not had them on my Jeep yet however but would expect the same performance. I plan on getting the AT3s in the P285/70/17 verity when I am due.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
They're good tires, though as JT said, I also haven't had them on my Jeep.

I had a set on a HEMI crew cab Ram, and had no issues.

Due to our close proximity to the Texarkana plant, we can usually get Cooper tires a little cheaper than most other brands, so they tend to be my "go to" brand of tires.

I've had various other model Cooper tires over the years as well, never an issue.

Exco

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have 255/75r17 at3 discoverers on my grand Cherokee and 285/70r17 at3 cooper discoverers at3 on one of my wranglers. They ride well and are quiet. They wouldn't be my first choice for an off road tire, but my wife doesn't drive off road. The traction is 100% better than the stock rubicon tires in show, ice, rain, and dry. The AT3's don't look as cool as the stock rubicon tires. They are generally priced good at tread depot and frequently have rebates and gift card offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had various Cooper tires on trucks and cars in the past and felt they were a good value. The last set was AT3s on our Liberty. The traction in snow was good, but that's where my praise for them ends. The road noise was very loud in general and they would develop flat spots overnight that would take 5 or 6 miles of driving to smooth out. Two co-workers put them on F-150s and had the same experience. One of them had all 4 of his AT3s rot and split between the rows of tread in less than 10k miles. Maybe we all got them from a bad production run at a certain tire plant, but I don't anticipate trying them again.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
I was thinking of getting the AT3 or the General Grabber AT2 in 315/70/17 as an inexpensive alternative. I have the AT3 on the work truck and they've been good even though it's only driven about 1000 miles a year and they've only been on for 2 years. Haven't had any dry rot problems yet.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have AT3's on my 2012 3/4 ton GMC Van with 40k miles on them.
I drive it mostly on road to get to the Mountains 2 or 3 times a year...
Way off road in the Mountains.
Tough Tires that do great for what I do..
Great Tires....I would get them again in a Heartbeat...

·
Registered
513 Posts
In regards to Cooper's in general, I love them. Im currently running ST Maxx's on my JK and love the ride quality. Have not used them off road though....that will come in June at the Bantam Festival. I also have Cooper's on my Road Runner. Obviously that car doesn't see inclement weather, but the ride and appearance have stayed top notch for several years now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts