Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Sorry if there is a tread on this already. I'm looking to get the copper discoverer art pros and just came across master craft courser mxt which look to have the same thread pattern. I know cooper makes master craft tires but between these two tires what is the real difference is master craft made cheaper and won't last as long.

Thanks for the help in advanced.

image-852489296.jpg

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey everyone. Sorry if there is a tread on this already. I'm looking to get the copper discoverer art pros and just came across master craft courser mxt which look to have the same thread pattern. I know cooper makes master craft tires but between these two tires what is the real difference is master craft made cheaper and won't last as long. Thanks for the help in advanced.
image-2547077769.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
The mastercrafts are also a fair bit lighter. I bought mastercraft msr snow tires last fall and was very happy with them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been running the Cooper SST Pro's in 37x12.5x17 for about 3 months now. Very nice tire. If you take a closer look at the Master Craft tread in the middle, you will notice that the tread block patterns are very different from the SST Pro. The SST Pro alternates from 3 blocks across to 2 blocks across while the MC has a constant 2 block across. This has the effect of noise cancellation and the SST Pro produces very little road noise. I think the SST Pro has a silica based tread compound which is very good on wet roads and rock. I know they are very good on packed snow and ice. In deep snow they are outstanding. For the tire size I have, they weigh in at 77 lbs. I'm not sure the MC has the mud ejection dimples and voids to clean out the mud that the SST Pro has. So I guess you could call me a fan.....:)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've been running the Cooper SST Pro's in 37x12.5x17 for about 3 months now. Very nice tire. If you take a closer look at the Master Craft tread in the middle, you will notice that the tread block patterns are very different from the SST Pro. The SST Pro alternates from 3 blocks across to 2 blocks across while the MC has a constant 2 block across. This has the effect of noise cancellation and the SST Pro produces very little road noise. I think the SST Pro has a silica based tread compound which is very good on wet roads and rock. I know they are very good on packed snow and ice. In deep snow they are outstanding. For the tire size I have, they weigh in at 77 lbs. I'm not sure the MC has the mud ejection dimples and voids to clean out the mud that the SST Pro has. So I guess you could call me a fan.....:)
How about a pic of your tires on your jeep?

Flash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts