Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet up 7am at Shell Station 95 and Wagon Wheel. Quick short trip befor kids soccer game at 1130

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just noticed that the c-clip was broken on one of my johnny joints. I have to replace that tomorrow, or I would be there.

I would love to get another ride in with you guys. I hope after this that the Jeep will be all set.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's everything else on your rig doing? Was that what you heard last weekend? Got my Skids installed this week and took it to Adams today to get her measured for a new front driveline. Mines shot. Lasted longer than I thought. They said come back Monday to pick up the new driveline.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was just at Adams today to pick up a joint rebuild kit. That place is great and they were very friendly and helpful.

I had a couple different things going on. My transfer case position switch was not working correctly, so the light was showing 4WD High while I was in 2WD. Since this Jeep is new to me, I didn't want to take any chances, so that is why I decided to stop and troubleshoot it. I wasn't sure if the transfer case linkage was off and if it wasn't shifting out of 4WD, or if it was just the light.

I reached under to see if I could feel the which position the transfer case was in, and I must have bumped the transmission shifter cable. Well when I got back in the Jeep, I noticed I couldn't put it in gear. The cheap plastic grommet that holds the shifter cable in place was just worn and fell apart. So I zip tied that back in place so I could drive home.

I fixed the light, and I think I am ready to hits the trails again after I rebuild the joint tomorrow.

Next on my list is a CB and a compressor. :)

Let know when you are doing another ride, so I can come along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts