Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copperhead Rex - Build Thread

Well, I decided to take the plunge and start my own build thread. It's mainly for my own reference but feel free to ask any question(s) or comment as you feel fit.

I will most likely keep to minor mods (especially early on) but maybe the 'Jeep Itch' will hit me later down the road and I'll be ordering wheels, tires, lift, and a winch before I know it. :)

I named my Jeep 'Rex' after my pet dog growing up who was an Irish Setter. His fur was close in color to the Copperhead paint. My previous Jeep was named Max and I feel as though any Jeep I own should have a manly male name.

Here are the vehicle details when purchased...
2014 JK 2-door Rubicon X
Copperhead Pearl
6-speed manual transmission
Options: X Package, Supplemental Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags, Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control, Uconnect 730N

Here is my order timeline...
3/17/14 - Signed Paperwork and Provided $500 Deposit (Note: Manual transmissions were on restriction when the order was placed)
3/18/14 - Vehicle Ordered and Vehicle Order Number (VON) received
4/14/14 - Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) received / 'D' Status
4/17/14 - 'D1' Status
5/13/14 - 'F' Status
5/14/14 - 'KZ' Status
5/15/14 - Delivered to Dealer (saw for the first time)
5/17/14 - Picked up Rex

Thanks for following along!

Here are a couple photos from when I first saw Rex...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If I keep drooling over pictures of yours, I'm sure I'll start major mods much sooner than expected! ;)
Yeah, I wonder what that's like. *cough, cough*

That could be why I'll be lifted next week. lol

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
My biggest fear is that my wallet won't be able to keep up with what my eye's are seeing on everyone else's Jeep.
That's why I didn't keep track with the total of all of the cosmetics I did as soon as I got mine; just ordered and paid. I tallied up the overall cost of my lift, wheels/tires etc. just to be sure it's in the budget. Still have more I want to do but not too much; figure I should wait until my wallet stops smoking. lol

·
Administrator
17,367 Posts
I was thinking about ordering another Jeep for me (Brutus is the wife's) I stopped when the build sheet hit 70k. LOL I think I'll stick with the Subaru a little longer.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking about ordering another Jeep for me (Brutus is the wife's) I stopped when the build sheet hit 70k. LOL I think I'll stick with the Subaru a little longer.
Please tell me you are only kidding?!?!? I'm guessing you paid around $40k-$45k for the vehicle so your mods are at $25k????? Holy :censored:!

·
Administrator
17,367 Posts
Please tell me you are only kidding?!?!? I'm guessing you paid around $40k-$45k for the vehicle so your mods are at $25k????? Holy :censored:!
70k for my hypothectical build with dana 60's, 40s, coilovers, arb, etc.

Def not my real build, under 10k into the real Jeep so far. Still licking my wounds from that round, next one will start hopefully mid summer.

But I can still dream can't I???

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
That's why I didn't keep track with the total of all of the cosmetics I did as soon as I got mine; just ordered and paid. I tallied up the overall cost of my lift, wheels/tires etc. just to be sure it's in the budget. Still have more I want to do but not too much; figure I should wait until my wallet stops smoking. lol
Better watch out your credit card doesn't spontaneously combust! :D

:jawdrop: $70k?!?

I have never been foolish enough to total up all the money we've spent in jeeps. I'd have a :censored: heart attack! :rofl2:

Build thread is off to a great start, JF!! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Great documentation!

Like what I'm reading JF! :awesome:
Way to stay in control.
Be careful my friend, be very, very careful. :drinks:

The dark side of the Force is very strong...:cool:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took delivery of a few items yesterday...

13" AntennaX
Black paracord - to make my own zipper pulls
E-Z ON Door Pin Guides
Plexus Plastic Cleaner and Protectant
303 Fabric Top Cleaning and Care Kit

I still need to post the mods that I've done thus far. I took a couple pictures but need to take a few more. I also want to post them in the order that I did them. I'll try to get to it in the next couple days.

·
Administrator
17,367 Posts
You'll like the 13", our last Jeep had it. I made the mistake of going 5" on the new one. 5" has crappy reception, just ordered a 13" to replace it.

Look forward to the new pics, I get excited every time I see that hood!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You'll like the 13", our last Jeep had it. I made the mistake of going 5" on the new one. 5" has crappy reception, just ordered a 13" to replace it.

Look forward to the new pics, I get excited every time I see that hood!
I've heard similar comments about the 5" as well.

The hood/color combination is one of the things I love best about my Jeep!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Looks great, JF! :thumb:

Our friend Jon Snow met us here in Colorado on the fifth. Got the chance to play on the trails with a pretty copperhead rig. Love that color! :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts