Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I tried installing my new corbeau baja xrs into my 2015 2dr jk and when I tried lining up the brackets they were no where near close to fitting. I sure hope someone sent me the wrong brackets even thought they clearly say wrangler jk 2015 +. Anyone else have any similar experiences?

ForumRunner_20170619_201139.jpg

ForumRunner_20170619_201155.jpg

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I hope that bracket is not as flimsy as it looks. Like you, I can see no way that the bracket you have could fit. The footprint is too long. I notice the part number on the bracket ends in an "R", any chance you are trying to put a right side bracket in the left position?

Joe

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I just confirmed that the bracket you show is the passenger bracket, but you show that you are installing it on the driver's side. See if it fits on the passenger side.

Joe

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just confirmed that the bracket you show is the passenger bracket, but you show that you are installing it on the driver's side. See if it fits on the passenger side.

Joe
No it doesn't fit on either..they sent me the wrong one the one they should have sent me is this one

ForumRunner_20170619_225926.png

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sheesh. Sorry you have to deal with the wrong parts. Hopefully they ship you the correct parts quickly.

Joe

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi, once you have the seats installed how do you plan to work around the airbag system? You will have no airbags if not addressing this.. I ask because I am not aware of a solution and really want a new drivers seat that is more comfortable. Without airbags insurance may get challenging if somebody is injured in the vehicle in an accident...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, once you have the seats installed how do you plan to work around the airbag system? You will have no airbags if not addressing this.. I ask because I am not aware of a solution and really want a new drivers seat that is more comfortable. Without airbags insurance may get challenging if somebody is injured in the vehicle in an accident...
My jeep doesn't have the additional airbags in the seats so I just need to transfer the seat belt indicator wire and figure out the passenger seat pressure sensor.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also doing more reading on here the front air bags are always active despite the front ocupant senor (not a weight sensor) not being plugged in. Only on a 07 JK was there an option for the front air bags to be turned off. That's why you should never have a child under 12 in the front of a JK because the air bags will deploy.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few days of driving with my corbeau seats and I have to say wow. Extremely supportive. You dont budge when turning corners. My dog used to brace herself on turns now she doesn't move. They are a little stiff at first but I can already feel the memory foam softening up. The bracket doesn't line up perfectly but you can stretch it into place then place the bolt in. I transferred all the cables underneath minus the passenger occupancy sensor and all my dash lights are good to go.

ForumRunner_20170707_123740.jpg

ForumRunner_20170707_123753.jpg

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice. Always wanted a set of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts