Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im researching some new seats and narrowed my choices down to either the Corbeau FX1 Pro or the Sprint. The sprint is smaller but has higher sides which would be more difficult to get in. It's also a half inch wider at the shoulders than the FX1 pro. Has anyone installed these and want to comment? Anyone know of a equally well built seat with similar looks.

fx1-pro-l.gif

sprint-l.gif

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have the Corbeau Baja SS. They are a non reclining seat, but I don't think I ever reclined the old stock seats. They are a pita to get into because of the high sides, but once in they are the most comfortable seat I've been in. They sit high, as will the ones you show because it takes an adapter to mount them. I like sitting higher since i have a better view of tire placement when rock crawling (I'm 5'11 180lbs). I chose the Baja over the racing seat because it has more padding for longer drives. I drive 3.5 hours to get out to the desert so comfortable seats are a must. I enjoy the higher bolsters since some of my driving is sand washes, the high sides keep you centered behind the wheel. I've surfed for 45 years so my shoulders are pretty wide, yet I have plenty of room without being squeezed, they do sell a wider version but I'm not sure how they would fit in a jeep, the Baja SS take up a lot of room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts