Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody here running corbeau or any aftermarket seats for that matter? if so post them pics! trying to get an idea of what i want to go with. any advice would be greatly appreciated as well.:D

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
oo oo oo!!! i installed my a few days ago. i couldn't be happier! absolutely LOVE them. they're corbeau baja ultras. suspention seats really do soften the ride a ton. i used to feel every little bump and now it feels like i'm floating over small bumps. as if i got a new, really nice suspension lift or something.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
how tall are you? the only issues with Corbeaus is they are a little short for guys over 6 feet tall

they are killer seats but if your taller I'd look into PRPs because you can get them in a taller option

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im actually 5'10''. thats the only problem im haveing on deciding what to do is that i dont want to order somthing by just looking at them online and then get them and not be what i want. and i do like the looks of the seats above! may have to check into them! thanks for the pics

·
Registered
464 Posts
oo oo oo!!! i installed my a few days ago. i couldn't be happier! absolutely LOVE them. they're corbeau baja ultras. suspention seats really do soften the ride a ton. i used to feel every little bump and now it feels like i'm floating over small bumps. as if i got a new, really nice suspension lift or something.
Beaver,

Those are some Sexy Seats :thumb: I sat on a pair in Pomona at the Off Road Expo and I was impressed.

I'm also 5'10

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Beaver, I have always wondered, how do those seats adjust? Do they have custom brackets that slide the seat back and forth? Like is there to way to adjust the part of the seat where your back sits?
they can slide back and forth, as in, the whole seats slide either closer to the steering wheel, or away from it. and far as leaning, it's fixed, no way to adjust it at all. they're not for everyone, that's for sure. i happen to prefer fixed back seats. before i got these installed, i was using a similar fixed back seat, but it was just plastic covered in leather, with a horribly welded bracket. thus why i upgraded to these seats.

long story short, i got used to the fixed back seat, and ended up liking it better then a reclining seat. so, if i were you, i'd find a way to have a test sit before you choose to go fixed back.

Beaver,

Those are some Sexy Seats :thumb: I sat on a pair in Pomona at the Off Road Expo and I was impressed.

I'm also 5'10
thank you. =] they are great aren't they!? i'm 6' if that matters.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a question about the Corbeau RS seats. I like the fixed back but I have a 5 year old son so I have to crawl into the back to lock his seat in and what not. Do the RS lean forward as well as back, and can I use the adapter bracket for like $40 each and still keep the tumble option? OR do I have to buy the full brackets that are $100 each, and if so do they tumble forward? Thanks. Sorry for the Hijack, but I didn't wanna start a whole new thread

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I have a question about the Corbeau RS seats. I like the fixed back but I have a 5 year old son so I have to crawl into the back to lock his seat in and what not. Do the RS lean forward as well as back, and can I use the adapter bracket for like $40 each and still keep the tumble option? OR do I have to buy the full brackets that are $100 each, and if so do they tumble forward? Thanks. Sorry for the Hijack, but I didn't wanna start a whole new thread
the $100 corbeau brackets do not lean, or tumble. only slide. you'll need to get the adapter and use the stock bracket.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
anybody here running corbeau or any aftermarket seats for that matter? if so post them pics! trying to get an idea of what i want to go with. any advice would be greatly appreciated as well.:D
I got the Baja RS for Christmas. I just installed them a couple weeks ago. I can't express how much more comforable they are. Like Beaver said, they absorb so much of the road deficiencies it's like riding in a different Jeep.

how tall are you? the only issues with Corbeaus is they are a little short for guys over 6 feet tall
I have to disagree. I am 6'5" and can't see any way they are too short. If I lay my head back, it rests on the headrest portion of the seat. Not arguing here, but they work for me and I wouldn't want another 4" of height like PRP offers.

One of the main reasons I got the RS instead of the Ultras like Beaver has is because of our 4-year old son sitting in the backseat. The other reason was simply for passenger comfort and adjustability.
Because I plan on a full cage with harness bar, the reclining feature will be neutralized, but it's nice in the meantime.

Right now in the "winter" (I use that term lightly), I have the windows on the top so my son has to climb in from the front. The folding forward ability does help in addition with sliding the seat forward, but there is not an incredible amount of room even-then. I generally lift him up and over just to keep his feet off the back of my new seats....at least for a couple months :) .
I got the full replacement brackets so I don't have the stock tumble feature. If you use their adapter brackets with the RS seats, they will tumble into the dash just like stock.

The adpater brackets are not $40...they are $95. The $30-$40 brackets you are thinking of are the other adapters some of the seats need to adapt to the other brackets (some seats actually require two adapters).
The full replacements are $100 each.

I opted for the full replacement brackets because I did not like how much higher the seats sat with the adapter brackets (figure a couple inches taller than stock when seated). I miss the tumble feature on the passenger side, but being tall, I could not deal with sitting any higher.

With a full cage and harness bar, like the reclining feature, the tumble feature won't be of much use anyway.

Doing it over again, for my application, I would probably just save a couple bucks and get the non-reclining Ultras.
That said, I have ZERO regrets getting the seats I have. I LOVE them and can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
TXST8TJ: If i want to keep the slide/tumble factory options I will only need the adapter correct? I am 5' 10" so I should be okay with the seats sitting a couple of inches higher I would think. Also why would you have went with the non reclining ultras?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts