Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have the 10.8V cordless Dremel? I'm wondering if it's powerful enough to cut stuck rusty bolts in hard to reach places. An example, I have a stuck rusty bolt on my exhaust that I need to cut but I don't have air tools and the only thing I can think of to get up in there with is a small hand dremel with a cut off wheel. I don't want to spend the $80 on one if it's not powerful enough to cut through a bolt. It would be nice to have a cordless but would I be better off getting a corded dremel? Is the corded powerful enough? Besides a hacksaw or a air cut off wheel what do you guys use to cut out rusted hard to reach bolts?

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
for cutting bolts I would go with the corded die grinder, I have both and use the die grinder more to cut metal, discs last longer with it than the dremel.

I mostly use my dremel anymore when Im cutting plastics/plexi-glass. or when I need some fine buffing done on small things.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
buy a corded dremel and then get something like this:
225-01 Flex Shaft Attachment / Model: 225-01

ITs basically a 36" flexible extension for the bit. I have an older style, and you loose some force with the added legnth, but its much easier to fit into tight places. I've cut many a bolt with this and some mini reinforced cut off wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts