Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
On a core 4x4 front LCA (tier 2) does the adjustable end (with the JJ) go on the frame end or the axle end? I set mine at the frame end with the grease zerk pointing up as I do not want the zerk wiped out and wanted the smooth end for less chance to hang up on. So was I thinking right or did I have a brain fart??

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The JJ should be on the axle side. And the zerk fitting should be facing down for easy access to add grease.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The JJ/adjuster should go to the frame, zerks should face up to protect them from rocks.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Do JJ's have grease holes on both sides of the adjustment side? That can be a issue if holding a length and it ends up facing down. You can run it like that or remove the zerk and cap with a set screw. Or give both arms a half turn to face up. (Arm may need to be dropped to grease)
Iirc my first set of TF arms had 2 grease ports. I put set screws in both, removed and greased easily with a zerk in place.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do JJ's have grease holes on both sides of the adjustment side? That can be a issue if holding a length and it ends up facing down. You can run it like that or remove the zerk and cap with a set screw. Or give both arms a half turn to face up. (Arm may need to be dropped to grease)
Iirc my first set of TF arms had 2 grease ports. I put set screws in both, removed and greased easily with a zerk in place.

only had zerks on one side. Pointed them up and will pull the bolts and drop them down when its time to grease. I do like the idea of the set screw though. As long as you did not damage them it would be easier to pull and replace with zerks then pulling bolts.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Why do you need to drop the arms to grease them ? I have Synergy lowers adjustable, and i have enough clearance to do the job every 5k miles or so without any issues, and my zerks are all perky pointing up :), i cannot picture the issue, unless you mounted the JJ in the axel ?, can you change the zerks and go with 90* ones ?
Greased them 2 days ago, and it may not seem like it, but my grease gun fitting goes in there without any drama.

2016-12-28_04-13-30 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr\

2016-12-28_04-13-43 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
talked to CORE and they said it does not matter, they usually run the JJ on the frame end as it stays cleaner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you need to drop the arms to grease them ? I have Synergy lowers adjustable, and i have enough clearance to do the job every 5k miles or so without any issues, and my zerks are all perky pointing up :), i cannot picture the issue, unless you mounted the JJ in the axel ?, can you change the zerks and go with 90* ones ?
Greased them 2 days ago, and it may not seem like it, but my grease gun fitting goes in there without any drama.

2016-12-28_04-13-30 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr\

2016-12-28_04-13-43 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr
on the CORE 4x4's I do not think I could get my grease gun in there. I will probably swap them end for end like I wanted them to began with. I do like the idea of the 90degree zerk though if I was going to leave them that way.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmm installed mine yesterday with the adjusters on the axle side, now im worried i did it wrong, it def drives better than before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts