Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Do you know of anyone with the Coronavirus?

• Yes = Confirmed

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Maybe = Very sick, but not tested.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No = Everyone is well

Votes: 69 67.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious with all this hype and unrepresented safety measures in place, how many of you know of someone who has this virus? Also taking in consideration that someone may have had it, but not confirmed through a test. Please keep politics out.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Don’t know anyone personally. However the latest stat I heard is - 1 infected: 200 potentially more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,656 Posts
My SIL is in self quarantine for 8 days now. She was with a co-worker who tested positive and is sick from coronavirus. My SIL is fine with no symptoms yet.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm in self quarantine. I was at a dinner party 12 days ago, where the host started showing symptoms and got tested about 8 days later. She's having trouble breathing but is not in the hospital. Test results should come Monday. I've had a sore throat, sore neck, and touch of pain in my lungs. Unusual for me as I'm highly cautious in flu season in general.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I don't understand why you want to know if I know of anyone with the virus. you got the cure?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand why you want to know if I know of anyone with the virus. you got the cure?
Because I don't know of anyone who is sick or anyone who knows anyone who is sick. I don't believe the crisis is as bad as it is being made out to be. I also realize that I am not the center of the universe, so I am expanding my circle of contacts to see how bad it really may be in other peoples circle of contacts.

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Our church services are now on Facebook live. No more in building services.
Our pastor addressed this very topic this morning.
There's no way we can know for certain how real this current crisis is. Were there actually over 700 deaths in Italy yesterday? Were the Chinese actually grabbing folks off the street for not wearing a mask? Did the Americans actually land on the moon?
All we can do is make decisions based on the information that we get from whatever source and use our own past experience to determine the truth of what we hear and see. It's how we behave in any situation that really matters.

I think we can all use the current situation to look inward and decide how we can help others that are are having a more difficult time handling the crisis than we are.
If you're out of work, you can apply for a job at a supermarket or delivery service. If you know anyone that's quarantined, offer to pick up groceries for them. They can order and pay online and you can pick up the groceries and leave them on the front porch.

Mrs. Lucky and I are both in one of the "at risk" catagories and are out of the delivery areas of any supermarket. We've been contacted by several neighbors asking if we need anything. I think that's what we should look at during this difficult time. "How can I help someone that isn't as fortunate as I am".

If it's real or made up, it's happening and we have to deal with it. Go help out a neighbor or a stranger. Your life will improve for doing it.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Our church services are now on Facebook live. No more in building services.
Our pastor addressed this very topic this morning.
There's no way we can know for certain how real this current crisis is. Were there actually over 700 deaths in Italy yesterday? Were the Chinese actually grabbing folks off the street for not wearing a mask? Did the Americans actually land on the moon?
All we can do is make decisions based on the information that we get from whatever source and use our own past experience to determine the truth of what we hear and see. It's how we behave in any situation that really matters.

I think we can all use the current situation to look inward and decide how we can help others that are are having a more difficult time handling the crisis than we are.
If you're out of work, you can apply for a job at a supermarket or delivery service. If you know anyone that's quarantined, offer to pick up groceries for them. They can order and pay online and you can pick up the groceries and leave them on the front porch.

Mrs. Lucky and I are both in one of the "at risk" catagories and are out of the delivery areas of any supermarket. We've been contacted by several neighbors asking if we need anything. I think that's what we should look at during this difficult time. "How can I help someone that isn't as fortunate as I am".

If it's real or made up, it's happening and we have to deal with it. Go help out a neighbor or a stranger. Your life will improve for doing it.

Good Luck, L.M.
I do agree, but as with a commercial flight when the masks come down, take care of yourself first. Otherwise everyone around you may suffer. I'm personally covering for a lot of folks right now because that's what I do in life but my advice to others is "don't stick your neck out more than is wise." After all, we have no idea how real things are right now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just a little from the other side of the ocean.
I know some who are infected for example my friends daughter in Prague. She was probably infected in France, she s pregnant now + virus slowly getting better. Whole family in quarantine now. Here in Slovakia i know also 4 or 5 who have the virus and several other in quarantine. We have taken strict measurements quite soon, so it does not spread so fast compared to Italy, Spain or Germany.
Borders are closed, cancelled all public events (cooncerts, meetings, sport plays, religious services), majority of supermarkets, pubs, restaurants have limited or no public services - no walk in etc. The same for official authorities. Everybody tryes to do almost everything online. Courier delliveries work as normal but are overloaded - what is logical. Grocery stores are open but shortened operating time, some big chains have special shopping hours for elderly people..... face masks, disinfection, protection is the new today here.
It is hard but when i compare it to Italy (i have a good friend in northern Italy, who keeps me informed about the terrible situation there), it seems that this attitude really pays off. The other question is who pays for the economical damages caused by these strict regulations. There are many small businesses who suffer from this situation

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Because I don't know of anyone who is sick or anyone who knows anyone who is sick. I don't believe the crisis is as bad as it is being made out to be. I also realize that I am not the center of the universe, so I am expanding my circle of contacts to see how bad it really may be in other peoples circle of contacts.
I'm going to check back in here in two weeks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Death Toll is starting to look bad, here is the last six days(daily death toll) in the USA

Mar 20th-----49

Mar 21-------46

Mar 22-------113

Mar 23-------141

Mar 24-------225

Mar 25-------247

Here is where I get the numbers
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Rod
Before you run to your panic room...... the CDC estimates that from October 1st 2019 to March 14th, 2020 there have been 23-59,000 deaths from the Flu in the US

CDC.gov

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are essential workers at the soup factory. Everybody likes soup when their sick right? Here are some of the measures that they put in place at work:
No closer than 6' and they mean it. Over half the chairs are removed from the break room. They split supervisory management into 2 groups working 12 hours a day for 3 days, then off 3 days, etc..
There are cleaning teams on all shifts that do nothing but go around with rags and bleach and wipe down all door knobs, railings, desks, phones, etc..
The hourly folk are getting a $2 premium. Don't know the exact reason, but could be to encourage them to come in, or hazard pay, or a bit of both?
At the security gate to get in you have to answer travel questions and starting today they are taking your temperature with a laser thermometer. If over 100* can't come in.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I'm going to check back in here in two weeks.

Heard yesterday that someone at my company tested positive. They are in a different building than I work, but same campus.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Before you run to your panic room...... the CDC estimates that from October 1st 2019 to March 14th, 2020 there have been 23-59,000 deaths from the Flu in the US

CDC.gov

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm
There's a vaccine for the flu. Covid19 has a death rate estimated at 10X the seasonal flu and comes with a 20% hospitalization rate. I mean, all you have to do is look at Italy to see why you should take it seriously. The surge of cases that require hospitalization easily overwhelms established medical facilities, specifically with the lack of ICU beds and ventilators. Hence, the shutdown and taking it seriously. Curbing the spread will take some of the load off the hospitals. Comparing this event to the seasonal Flu is similar to comparing it to wildfire and automobile deaths. I implore everyone to listen to the medical and disease experts over politicians.

1 - 20 of 675 Posts