Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to my local Fastenal store and bought some 9/16" grade 8 bolts and a 14mm bolt to replace the bolts on my front track bar. When I got home, I noticed that they gave my course thread bolts instead of fine thread bolts. Does this really matter? I know that the Northridge kits comes with fine thread bolts. I also bought the all metal lock nuts so I'm not worried about things working loose. The load on the bolts are more shear than tensile so I would think that it would not really make much of a difference.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I thought, but I wanted a few more opinions. I replaced the frame side track bar bolt tonight and it was pretty quick and easy. I would be surprised if the factory bolt was torqued to 125 ftlbs though. It was plenty tight, but it did not take that much force to loosen it. I replaced the frame side bolt with a 14mm shouldered bold and there was no play between the bolt and the bushing. I could see thread marks inside of the bushing sleeve, but it was not bad. I have a 9/16" bolt for the axle side of the track bar. I will replace that one tomorrow.

·
Retired Moderator
100,513 Posts
When you torque them, I would mark the head of the bolt with a marking pen, so that you will be able to see, if they move in the future......:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts