Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone,

Just picked up my new 2013 Unlimited Sport yesterday and I have a question about the wheels/tires that came on the vehicle. I was under the impression that the vehicle that I ordered over the internet would have the 16" steel wheels with 225 BW tires. They sold me one with 17" aluminum wheels and 255 OWL tires. I have included photos from the internet page, internet sticker, actual sticker and actual vehicle that I drove home. My questions are as follows:

Are these the correct wheels/tires for the vehicle? Or, did someone make a mistake?

I'm not complaining, just curious. BTW, I'm really liking this forum. But not near as much as my new Jeep!

AIR DOWN!

Internet Pic

Internet Sticker:

Actual vehicle delivered:

Window sticker as delivered:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Think of it this way: if/when you shitcan the stock wheels, you'll be much more liable to get some actual cash for the 17's than those feeble 16's, which wouldn't even look good as planters in a redneck's garden.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You scored. They put the wrong wheels on. Check your speedometer against a GPS, make sure it's accurate. That should have come with the steelies.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
You scored. They put the wrong wheels on. Check your speedometer against a GPS, make sure it's accurate. That should have come with the steelies.
Yup, that's what I think, too.

Somewhere, a new Jeep has been born sans wheels.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your speedometer against a GPS, make sure it's accurate. That should have come with the steelies.
Thanks, I will. It did seem to be a bit fast last night. I just thought all of the other drivers were high!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked at the 2 stickers inside the drivers door jamb. Both specify 16" wheels and 225 tires which the vehicle obviously does not have. So I think I do have an odd situation. I will be confirming the speedometer cal for sure.

My next question relates to tire pressure. Do the 255x17 call for the same 35PSI?

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
did you get a leather covered steering wheel and power door locks and windows too? that would be the ulitmate score. I wish they would have screwed up my wheels on my sport as the steel stockers are the ugliest lol. I like the 17" ones you got 100X better

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Can't get 3.73 with 16 inch wheels
My 2011 JKU had 3.73s with 16" wheels. Did they change the options?

But to answer his question...they are right, somehow they switched the wheels/tires. That's odd. You sure they didn't charge you for it somehow?

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Nice free upgrade! I wonder if the dealer switched wheels or if the factory screwed up.

either way I would suggest you go back to the dealer and have them check/change the tire size in the PCM. Since it is a wheel/tire that is available on the Wranglers it should be a really quick change.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I bet the dealer swapped them. I doubt the factory makes too many mistakes like that or does substitutions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice free wheel upgrade. Wish the dealer did that to my stock steel wheels. Though I did find a nice deal on some take offs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
did you get a leather covered steering wheel and power door locks and windows too? that would be the ulitmate score. I wish they would have screwed up my wheels on my sport as the steel stockers are the ugliest lol. I like the 17" ones you got 100X better
No power locks or windows. That's what I wanted. I think somebody may have wanted to do a "take off" and decided not to whore out a nice set of aluminum wheels and 255 wide tires. That's cool I'll just do the speedo cal. It was off about 5mph at 55.

·
Registered
892 Posts
No power locks or windows. That's what I wanted. I think somebody may have wanted to do a "take off" and decided not to whore out a nice set of aluminum wheels and 255 wide tires. That's cool I'll just do the speedo cal. It was off about 5mph at 55.
My 12 24S package doesnt have power windows or locks. I prefer it that way too. I guess for 13 they changed it so S includes power on the JKU but also got more expensive as well. I didnt want power windows cause I have had a couple other Jeeps where motors and regulators broke out of warranty. Big $$.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts