Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed RK 1.5 springs and fox 2.0 on my 2 jk rubi! Finally the budget boost is gone..look to have gotten maybe 2.5 out of the springs, didn't measure and hard to tell bc I was already lifted. But I digress..seeing alot of conflicting options on correction brackets vs LCAS. I like the idea of correcting the up and down movement of axle with brackets but hate to sacrifice clearance. Any opinions on which is actually better for my 2 door at that height? Or if you could possibly share a link to the answer that I've somehow missed I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recommend Rancho Brackets at 2.5" of lift.. beefy & they correct both upper/lower control arm 'attack' angles & caster setting for minimal cost.
Ok so you believe I'll be fine with correction brackets only up front? Also why are those more expensive than even the AEV bracket?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The Rancho brackets are "beefier" but the AEV brackets can accommodate different lift height. Your choice.

The impact of the brackets is stronger for taller lifts but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The brackets reduce CA angle which indirectly adjust caster angle indirectly to some degree. Reduction of the CA angle will reduce Bump Steer. In contrast, the adjustable CAs will rotate the differential providing fine tuning of the Caster angle and will indirectly very slightly reduce the CA angle. Ideally you want both, particularly for taller lifts. If you really concerned about ground clearance even though they are relatively near the tires then just get the adjustable CAs. More owners complain about drifty steering than bump steer, so adjustable CAs are the more popular choice.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I recommend Rancho Brackets at 2.5" of lift.. beefy & they correct both upper/lower control arm 'attack' angles & caster setting for minimal cost.
Simply put ... Yep

Arms don't fix geometry even if you installed both uppers and lowers.
A good way of looking at it. Brackets make the jeep think it's back to stock .. Sometimes better.
You'll be right at 5* caster @ 2.5" of lift which is prefect.
Negative = ground clearance.

Arms .. More expensive and one set only corrects caster angle. Some arms are clearances better then others. Arms use better joints for less binding as the axle flexes.

For $100 or so... Correction brackets provide a really nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/rancho-rs6250b/?green=3BD1662C-ABEB-5003-9040-459291FCA480

Bumpsteer is a condition of a solid axle with track bar/drag link. The higher the lift the operating angles of the bars change = bumpsteer.
Steering correction/high steer kit raises the drag link and track bar allowing both to "cycle" like they should reducing bump steer.
A perfect setup consist of a flat track bar and drag link/parallel with each other, matching lengths and both operating in the same plane.
From the front, the track bar should disappear behind the drag link.

Isn't this purdy ? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/rancho-rs6250b/?green=3BD1662C-ABEB-5003-9040-459291FCA480

Bumpsteer is a condition of a solid axle with track bar/drag link. The higher the lift the operating angles of the bars change = bumpsteer.
Steering correction/high steer kit raises the drag link and track bar allowing both to "cycle" like they should reducing bump steer.
A perfect setup consist of a flat track bar and drag link/parallel with each other, matching lengths and both operating in the same plane.

Awesome so brackets it is. Than saving for steering components! Haha
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
387 Posts
Have 2.5 inches if lift and can say that the rancho control arm drop brackets is a must have. Driving really went from flighty to controlled and predictable like night and day
image-32306575.jpg

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Same here.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I do agree with what spin said too.

Ideally (and what I plan on doing) is to run both arms and brackets. Now the geometry is good and arms provide fine tuning, are stronger, and bigger joints to take a hit (not the bracket)

NO!! I'm Not saying to run out and spend $600 on brackets/arms. Maybe down the road, and if somebody wanted arms. Why not try both before selling the brackets for $50 :D

I have Rancho brackets ($130)
Ruff stuff upper DIY kit ($100)
Lowers stock (for now)

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright rancho correction brackets have been ordered! Thanks everyone for helping me with the decision and explaining everything. Now on to the next purchase...steering components most likely. Luckily I'm working alot of overtime these days!! Haha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rancho Part No. RS6250B - Lower Control Arm Axle Mounts

And also of course that's pretty! Haha
The steering correction kit from synergy will provide benefit even at just 2.5 " of lift? I was lead to believe that sort of kit was for 3.5+..

·
Registered
387 Posts
The highsteer kit can be used both in the stoxk location or flipped ( i believe flipping it isnt needed until after 3+ of lift)

Heres mine (at 2.5 synergy not flipped) also not as clean lol
image-2233560582.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The highsteer kit can be used both in the stoxk location or flipped ( i believe flipping it isnt needed until after 3+ of lift)

Heres mine (at 2.5 synergy not flipped) also not as clean lol
Did the kit provide better handling vs the stock setup? My steering just kinda sucks right now..feels loose and sloppy.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It depends on what you mean by loose/sloppy . The high steer kit (drag link and tie rod is what i installed) should give you a tighter feel in the steering wheel .. But based on my experience shouldnt be needed unless youve already got loose/worn parts.
If by loosenes you mean flighty and all over the road then the brackets will serve you well

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It depends on what you mean by loose/sloppy . The high steer kit (drag link and tie rod is what i installed) should give you a tighter feel in the steering wheel .. But based on my experience shouldnt be needed unless youve already got loose/worn parts.
If by loosenes you mean flighty and all over the road then the brackets will serve you well
Yeh sorry should have clarified..all over the road is pretty spot on! Lol so I guess I'll put the brackets on this weekend(should be in tomorrow) and then assess my needs after that. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts