Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local tire shop is offering some tires, as they claim as "cosmetic blems"for around 35% off. They claim the blem is in the white of the lettering. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Is it too good to be true? I think of the manufacturer deemed the tires to be unsafe they wouldn't allow them out of the factory. Here's the listing.

image-1090442135.jpg

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It's very common. Doesn't affect the safety of the tires. Like they indicated, it's a "cosmetic" blem. The white lettering probably isn't perfect. Most times no one can even notice a blem tire.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
+1

It comes from stacking the tires against one another. The stuff the tire manufacturers mix in to make them so black, can leach into the white wall or white lettering of the other tire. As far as I can tell, since the black stuff is soaked all the way into the white, and not simply on the surface, there is no way to remove it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I used to ask for blem tires back in the day .theres nothing wrong with them. It's usually just the white letters aren't pefect or theres a superficial scratch on them

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I'd be more worried that the context/history based ads on your phone assume you're looking for lube when you search for tires...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts