Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently purchased and installed Poison Spyder Body Armor and Rockers Knockers on my JK. I am planning on taking them to get both powder coated and then get the removable plate painted in green to match the color of my body. The quoted price from the local shop is $200 per side and $150 to paint the removable plates green, totalling $550. My question is if this is a reasonable price (I really have no experience in this field)? Any responses are appreciated. Thanks!

ForumRunner_20140512_224000.jpg

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Hi all. I recently purchased and installed Poison Spyder Body Armor and Rockers Knockers on my JK. I am planning on taking them to get both powder coated and then get the removable plate painted in green to match the color of my body. The quoted price from the local shop is $200 per side and $150 to paint the removable plates green, totalling $550. My question is if this is a reasonable price (I really have no experience in this field)? Any responses are appreciated. Thanks!
I just paid $450 to powder coat a PS front stinger, rear bumper (w/o tire carrier), body armor, rigid 20" mount and Gibson exhaust. That price also included painting d-rings red and a couple other suspension parts to match the a red Rancho lift, either I got a hell of a good price or they're ripping you off. BTW I'm in Miami, I'd say CA is more expensive but $550?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
If you're anywhere near the I.E- call Full Throttle Powder coaters. $200 per side seems a little steep- but I haven't had anything that large done. Their work has held up to a lot of beating- all my skids have been coated by FT. You might also want to call Stan at Jeep Performance in Yucaipa. I know he has a great shop he uses all the time.
This is my issue with P.S. I don't deny they do good work but final finish shouldn't be the responsibility of the customer. The last time I spoke to them they said it had to do with shipping issues. Plenty of other suppliers ship heavy equipment like this every single day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts