Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 TJ with 31's. The suspension is stock. I want to add a 2 inch spacer lift. Nothing fancy, don't really plan to do any off roading. This would be almost exclusively for looks.

My question is, how much should this cost. This would be assuming I drop the Jeep off at the mechanic and let him do everything from supplying the parts to installing the actual lift.

Again, the lift doesn't need to be some fancy lift. Just standard 2" spacers.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that the mechanic is a good guy. Not someone who will raise the price higher than it should be.

Thanks guys

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Do it yourself if you can. It shouldn't take your mechanic more than 2 hours tops to install it though

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having local mechanic install 3" lift spacers only...2-3 hours plus cost of spacer kit is about $800 for me. But I live in northern Virginia....everything is high here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am interested in doing the same thing. Currently I am thinking the Rubicon Express 2" with shocks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I current have a 2" rubicon express budget boost. It came with 2" spacers and new shocks. The kit was $229 and the install cost was about $200. But after looking at how it's done I should have saved the $200 and just done it myself. A spacer lift isn't difficult to install as far as I know. Just make sure you do your research and think about your future plans. I unfortunately did not do that and now I'm spending $1400 to install a bigger lift just because 2" didn't fit what I found out I wanted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldn't go any higher than 2" with spacers, I can say for sure TJs are crazy cheap to install, JKs and XJs different story due to more components you have to work around. Spacer cost would be 60 to 100 dollars and about 3 hrs if you don't have extensive rust issues to deal with... like Maine does haha

If you wanna go any higher you have to replace your shocks, I suggest springs also at that point, as well as other suspension components.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I got a quote of 450$ (Spacers not included) from a shop in Ocean County recently. Not going to have them do it, was just curious. The spacer lift *can* be easy...IF the shock mounts are not rusted and fragile...I can tell my rear, upper shock mounts are going to be too much of a PIA for me to do so I will have to pay someone to do the shocks (at least the rears) and then I can go back and put the spacers in....

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Installing a lift is very easy with basic tools. Do some research. There are lots web sites and all of the manufactuer's sites have instructions. You'll see different tips and tricks so read multiple ones. (tip I like using a spring compressor) Spacer or spring lift, the process is the same. Read alot and get under your jeep so you understand what they are referring to.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I know shops charge an arm and a leg, but this is a 2-3 hr job max by a shop that has done it before. No reason it should be more than $300 install + parts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I installed a Rubicon Express BB with shocks by myself no helpers and it took about 6 hours. Most of the time was getting the top nuts off the front shocks. Ended up cutting them in half. If you decide to do it yourself start spraying PB blaster on the nuts and bolts a week ahead, spray every day until you do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just did my 03 TJ with Daystar 1.75 spacers and Bilstein shocks. Gets the looks probably where you want to be. 3 hours plus parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts