Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's some pics of my frame under my skid plate

Both the drivers and passengers side are pretty much the same. I'm not sure how the skid plate was staying on. So I got a quote of $450 to $500 to re-weld new metal on both sides. The lower control arm mount and where it connects to the frame is also rotted out and cracked. The guy told me its going to take quite a bit of time to do the job properly. He plans on applying POR15 to the new metal when he's done. I work at a place where I can get the steel for around $50 so the quote is labor and his materials (welding rod etc.) My question is does this seem like a reasonable quote? I should add I live in Ohio were the salt in the winter time loves to eat metal.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Honestly that sounds like a pretty good deal if you cannot weld and don't know anyone that can. Its going to be several hours work to cut the old stuff out and weld new in

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought it sounded reasonable but I just wanted to see what others on this forum thought about it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
Yep if he'll do that labor-intensive job right, that price is very fair for all the work he'll have to do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update on my frame. I just picked it up from the welder and here's the results.

I think it came out really good for $500. Its basically new metal from control arm mount to rear body mount. What do you guys and gals think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts