Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stuck climbing that hill in the photo attached. I noticed my driver side front tire in the air and figured if it was on the ground I would have made it out. Is that true? If so, what can I do to get that kind of articulation? Maybe in the $500 range.

Currently I just have 35" tires on a 17" rim with a 2" lift.

I did back out and tried again and made it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
disco your sway bar dude....cause it certainly aint there

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
your jeep will turn into a whole different monster if you would disco!

my guess is you didnt air down either, that would help too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would. I don't know about what's out there for the JK's or if they have them already. What I do know is you need to disco your sway bar if you're gonna go play. I leave mine off, but I only drive my Rubi about 15% on the road

·
Registered
329 Posts
Disco or get a ORO swayloc....much better off road than no sway bar.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
JKS sway bar disconnects and tire pressure... :whistling:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sway bars are what prevents that jeep from flexing. You take them off and you will be amazed at the difference. When I removed mine it was like night and day. Haven't put it back on since.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, thanks guys. Will order some quick disconnects tonight and revisit that hill after installed.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah with discos you will walk over stuff you couldn't before and it also keeps your rig stable in the dirt. I attach mine when I'm done for the day but others don't.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I like this thread. I also need to disco sway bars. Can anybody suggest a brand of quick discos and some referance to installation. Is installation DIY friendly?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm disappointed in all of you, a cheap quick disconnect kit is not the answer. It's obvious from the picture he needs 37's with at least 2 more inches of lift, lockers front and rear and a 10,000 lb winch to conquer that obstacle. Now get shopping!
:punk:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
So disco'ing can be done with nothing else needed, like brake line extensions?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You had 3 other tires on the ground and weren't high-centered, right? Do you have 4WD? The only rock in the shot looks like it's the size of a softball.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have Teraflex and they are awesome. Easy to come off, require some work to get back on. It helps if ou have flat level ground upon attempted reassembly. .... that's always in abundance at the trail head no?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rubicon :popcorn:

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Anti rock and air down...

personally I would just disconnect the sway bar by hand. I know the TJ is easy enough. You can get quick discos if you want. Throw a lunch box locker in the front and you have a whole different beast.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts