Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm posting this to try to get some input on what the value of my jeep in it's current condition might be. The reason I'm looking into this is because I won't need a vehicle for a few years and my mom isn't a fan of me taking up the garage to let it just sit. (plus i could use the money) I paid $5,800 in April 2015 and so far have put a little over $2,000 into it. Located in CT

Info on Vehicle:
1998 Wrangler Sport, Chili pepper red, 4.0L 5-Speed Manual, 113k miles, 31" tires (all 5 matching), 4-wheel abs, No A/C, i believe I'm the 3rd owner & no accidents, Dana 30/35, New soft top-black (no hardtop but has wiring), No modifications other then slightly larger tires. Also has Full-Doors.

Current Condition Bad:
The skid plate (xmission mount) studs to the frame rotted out, the lower control arm section right behind the skid plate is also cracked 1/2 way around (only driver side) The body mount spots of the tub are 1/2 rotted out. The suspension is pretty shot along with the steering needs some work (ill most likely fix the steering in the next week or two though)

Now for the Good:
Transmission was rebuilt 14xxx miles ago (even though it was in 08), Full new exhaust (manifold back including sensors), New U-joints (all 7), new alternator & starter, Tune-up kit (wires/plugs/cap), new wheel hub/bearing units both sides. New rear brakes (drum), New soft top (<1 yr), just flushed both diffs/transmission/oil, New cooling system (all but heater core), New E-brake handle & cables, aftermarket headunit+speakers (w/ sound bar), new passenger side outer axle shaft, Serp. belt/pulley/tensioner, new IAC sensor. I believe this is everything.

I know (this being my 6th vehicle) you never get back everything you put in.

This is and has always been a New England vehicle ... so a lot of road salt.
I'm trying to go out west somewhere for school, so when it is time for me to need a vehicle again I would rather just buy one from where ever I end up.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
3-5k would be my guess...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, thanks guys... I think ill throw it up on craigs list and just see what people start offering, maybe ill find somebody willing to pay a bit more.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I wouldn't ask higher than what you paid for it ($5800).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well good news for me in this situation. I talked to my buddy i use to help rebuild totaled cars with to flip on the side, he said he will help me out and patch up the frame, all the sections for like 600ish labor + whatever in metal..this would be both sides where the body mounts are, both sides to the frame that hold the skid, and one side for the lower control arm. I still am trying to convince him to let me work with him on my free time to pay it off instead of out of pocket, so maybe ill get lucky haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts