Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
County98, thanks for all of the pics and info. Also, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE in the military! :thumb

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Updates

Okay, so got out on the trails a couple times around Lake Mead and whatnot to wring everything out.

Everything seems to work as advertised so over all very happy. DO have a couple vibration issues though, and that drives me crazy.

The bumper lights are the worst. I had them on for a bit trying to get out to a fishing spot before the sun came up. They vibrate around so much I shut them off, it was that irritating. I used the Q-tec mounts and everything is tight.

Anybody have a fix for cutting down the vibration on these guys? I was thinking of maybe using a little rubber between the mounts and lights (think bike inner tube). Would this make it better or worse? Also, for you guys running the D2's on the pillar, do they vibrate?

The tailgate table still has a little vibration, that I cant seem to isolate. Thinking of pulling it off and coating the back with a layer of dynamat.

Lastly, the GPS mount isnt bad, but vibrates a little. Not unexpected since its basically a weight on a little stalk, but I was hoping it would be rock solid like the dash. Any ideas?

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yes, Africa hot is hot, and even worse when you are in the air... Welcome back and look into a stablizer for the front control arms to help reduce the feed back.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Very nice jeep and mods. im really digging that table !!

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's a beautiful rig. I love the color. You've set it up nicely. You should look into an AEV ProCal. Powerful little device that takes care of a few annoying issues.

EDIT: Oooops. You already have one. Lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm retired Air Force too.

Two comments.

1. I also have the Teraflex HD hinge carrier, and I also thought the rotopax accessory was poorly designed. I've been looking at the Vector Offroad Yak Pak. Vector Offroad

2. I tried the daystar with my Garmin Montana, and the vibration annoyed me. I finally ended up going with the Garmin windshield suction cup mount... and it works way better. It holds up no matter what terrain I'm on.

Nice looking jeep.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks!

I looked at the Vector and really like it, but I also like my plate relocated, so not sure if I want to move it back, lol.

The vibration isn't too bad on the Garmin, only bad on washboard roads. I'm gonna keep the setup, but I'm still trying to figure out how to reinforce it somehow that's not too obvious.

Also installed some Dually D2 A pillar lights and really like them! No vibration at all.

I'm gonna retorque and change oil next week, so I'll update some pics.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks Cosmos! I hadn't looked at those but they'd be handy for not scratching up the doors with keys and such.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hiya Duck! Yup, in Djibouti from May to Sep last year. They're not kidding when they say "Africa Hot", lol. Never sweated so much in my life.

Thanks for the good words guys!
Ah... Camp Lemonier. Can't say I miss that spot; unless you're talking about the good chow.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Love the Bouti.... Enjoy and hopefully you get home safely!

·
Registered
16 Posts
thaaaaank you, one of the most useful threads... i wish i got the commando green color,, got a bright white that i regret.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You're welcome! White was my second choice, lol. I wasn't in to the super bright colors out at the time.

·
Registered
352 Posts
First off thanks for your service, glad you made it back in one piece.

I really like what you've done to your rig. Obviously modded but not looking over the top or like it's strictly an ORV. Great job, looks like all the essentials have been made. :thumb:

You made a comment about no hood flutter and I bet that's because of the hood vents, the air has more places to go now.

Well done Sir, well done! :dance:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Never thought of that, lol. You're probably right and it's probably both reasons!

·
Registered
16 Posts
do you think the same setup as ur commando green, will look good on my bright white jeep ?

if not please tell me what will you do diffrent thanks maan

21 - 40 of 52 Posts