Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 tj, first problem is that I have a very annoying cluncking sound what appears to be coming from front passenger side. It happens whenever I hit a bump no matter what mph. I had removed the lift and all lift equipment but still happening. Any ideas? 2) On occasions I am having a real hard time shifting into first or second gear when coming to a stop or from a stop. I literally can not get it to go into either gear, I usually have to roll a little in 3rd then I can shift it. I have checked the tranny fluid and its full. 3) My ac is giving me a hard time, recharged it cause it hasn't worked in a while and got it to work real good, it was real cold too, after like 2 weeks it stopped coming out cold. I had noticed there was liquid on the port that u do not use to recharge it, so I replaced the air release pin, recharged it again and it worked for like a week. I then saw that there was liquid all over my engine compartment more on the cold air intake and distrubuter areas. I can not find where it came from for the life of me. Please any input would help!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 97 tj, first problem is that I have a very annoying cluncking sound what appears to be coming from front passenger side. It happens whenever I hit a bump no matter what mph. I had removed the lift and all lift equipment but still happening. Any ideas? 2) On occasions I am having a real hard time shifting into first or second gear when coming to a stop or from a stop. I literally can not get it to go into either gear, I usually have to roll a little in 3rd then I can shift it. I have checked the tranny fluid and its full. 3) My ac is giving me a hard time, recharged it cause it hasn't worked in a while and got it to work real good, it was real cold too, after like 2 weeks it stopped coming out cold. I had noticed there was liquid on the port that u do not use to recharge it, so I replaced the air release pin, recharged it again and it worked for like a week. I then saw that there was liquid all over my engine compartment more on the cold air intake and distrubuter areas. I can not find where it came from for the life of me. Please any input would help!!
Try your frame at where the tyranny pan / crossmember meet jeeps are notorious for rotting out there. If it is contact me I can tell you how to repair it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts